how backward is the us in science? 3% of evangelical christians believe evolution.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 30, 2011.

1. i never said they were. are yours?

#31     Jun 30, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I would not expect someone to think i am an impatial observer given the fact that i regularly get into arguments with liberals.

Do you think you should get treated with "kiddie" gloves when you repeatedly make posts slandering conservatives?

#32     Jun 30, 2011
  3. There's no shortage of scientists. Look at how difficult it is to get a science teaching/research position at any major university. They're overwhelmed with applicants. There's a large university near us that only hires 2% of the PhDs they interview for science and math positions. And scientific patent applications are at an all-time high. Investment in science-based companies is surging.

The biggest problem is not with the best and the brightest. The problem is with the other 95% of students, many of whom can't write a simple three-paragraph memo or do basic math after graduating from high school.

I've got two kids in school (ages 10 & 13), and I've studied this problem carefully for a number of years. There are several layers: Teachers, unions, administrators, students and parents. And they all have different agendas, very little of which is focused on teaching kids.

As an example: A few years ago my older daughter got an outstanding teacher who assigned a huge amount of homework. What happened next? Students complained. Parents complained. Even other teachers complained. Eventually the principal forced the teacher to stop giving so much homework despite the fact that her class was the highest achieving in the district.

After that, we took our kids out of a public school and put them into a private school where they get a ton of homework and a great education. The difference at their private school is that there is only ONE agenda -- teaching the kids. Anyone who isn't on board with that agenda gets tossed off the boat.

#33     Jun 30, 2011
  4. you really have a problem with hyperbole .now its slander to post news stories. use google to look up those big words. you might get their meaning if you study long enough.

i really dont care how an immature little racist twerp like you treats me. i dont get intimidated easily. say what you wish. if i get tired of you i can make you disappear again. i had your old nick on ignore already anyhow.

#34     Jun 30, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Make him disappear? What the hell does that mean? Seriously, you are like 50 years old right? Married? Scary.

#35     Jun 30, 2011
  6. that means put on ignore. geeze man are you drinking?

#36     Jun 30, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I doubt you have the self discipline.

#37     Jun 30, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

And there it is..... the race card. There hasnt been a single post in this thread that alluded to race, yet you felt the need to call me a racist, feel free to point out a SINGLE post of mine that targets a race in any single way.

#38     Jun 30, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Tom, I doubt free thinker will even bother to respond to this thereby proving my point, that he really has no interest in having a serious discussion about this. But yes, I agree with everything you said.

#39     Jun 30, 2011
  10. whats to respond? i dont disagree. this thread wasnt even about liberal vs conservative until tampon sprouted off.

#40     Jun 30, 2011