how are your quotes today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steelhead, Feb 28, 2007.

1. The NYSE is an embarrassment.

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. I got hod print on CSCO @ 100,000...lol

#12     Feb 28, 2007
  3. Hi,

This thread caught my interest since i'm in the process of writing a piece about the impact of Tuesday's overwhelming surge in volumes on options trading (for OptionMonster.com). If any of you trade options--did you notice delays in quoting yesterday? Also did the afternoon glitch on the Dow cause any sort of disruptions for you? I'd be thrilled to hear about your experiences during Tuesday's crazy session. You can also email me at holly@optionmonster.com. Thanks very much, Holly

#13     Feb 28, 2007
  4. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

NYSE almost doubled its daily vol the last two days...it's seriously overwhelmed so I would not blame the providers alone but NYSE and NASDAQ as well...

#14     Feb 28, 2007
  5. Fuckin nyse is printing at one price and then there are trades going off at nasdaq $1 away for almost all nyse stocks. What the fuck is this? This shit is happening all day long. I can't make shit. I am about to throw in the towel on this bullshit nyse trading...

Does someone at least know why the heck this is happening???

edit: Ok thanks Gella. So that's what it is. Fuckin delayed prints scaring the shit outta me:mad:

#15     Feb 28, 2007
  6. Yes, I already explained it on the 3 other threads, but here it is again.

The prints you are seeing are late prints from nasdaq/island. Filter them out. Most software lets you do this by using a ".N" or "=N" behind the symbol so you only get NY quotes/prints.

The real F'd up part was that unlike "normal" prints away, these were actually changing my P/L. LOL..I had a 40cent prifit...a second later I was down 50cent. Repeat repeat.
    I tightened my stop like an ass...got stopped for small gain..turned the computer off and took the dog xc skiing all day. :)

#16     Feb 28, 2007
  7. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

It looks like nyse fixed that later in the day. The charts were smoother...and tradable.

#17     Feb 28, 2007
  8. The damn nyse system sure screwed me today. After getting in around 55.90 I hit market sell on FCX after 10:33. At the time, FCX was above 56. I thought it was safe to let it go using mkt order but somefreakinhow the order showed it sold at a point lower around 55.14. WTF??? I called my firm but they told me there's nothing they can do as NYFX weren't going to bust any trades. Anyone else have similar prob??

#18     Feb 28, 2007

9. Just set your wick color to the same as your chart background. Black- Black and you can use the candle without all that

If your trading busy market stocks last week and a half anvil has been having issues. Spotty but still that shouldn't happen as frequent as it has been.

#19     Feb 28, 2007
  10. Oh my god, that's some sick stuff. How can they get away with that?? They sold you 85 cents below the market price on a $56 stock and they're not gonna bust it? I know one of these days, this crap is gonna happen to me and when it does, that'll be the end..

#20     Mar 1, 2007