How are you positioning for the eventual Market top?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sean McLaughlin, Mar 30, 2010.

1. All-time highs? Or Rally highs?

If you mean rally highs, then yeah...that's easy. It'll probably happen today or tomorrow because all this market ever does is go up everyday.

If you mean all-time highs, you might be a little crazy...but I like where your head is at :)

#21     Mar 30, 2010

2. It appears the adm. strategy is to keep a rigged market as their collective hides hinge on it. A big drop and the illustrious titular head Obama would take a lot of heat that they can nigh afford at this juncture.

A crap shoot.

#22     Mar 30, 2010
  3. Let's hope the market is this administrations' undoing, just as it was to McCain's campaign during the final months of the 2008 election.

#23     Mar 30, 2010
  4. good point. I had forgotten how the political tide turned in summer '08 as the crisis unfolded.

#24     Mar 30, 2010
  5. we have been 365 days without one. If one was to happen, it should have happened already.

We went through swine flu, dubai crisis, euro crisis, terrorist attacks, healthcare reform, 4 earnings quarters

It's already back to business as usual.

#25     Mar 30, 2010
  6. An exogenous event that will capture the manipulated market by its underwear (shorts--no pun intended). Think earthquake, typhoon, missile, credit default, terrorist attack, war between 2 other countries, etc

#26     Mar 30, 2010
  7. I should mention that I don't mean to imply that John McCain would've been good for the economy or even a good President.... but considering how things are turning out, he certainly would've been the lesser of two evils.

#27     Mar 30, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

the exogenous event will the explanation given by the press and believed by the press. the correct answer is exhaustion.

#28     Mar 30, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

If they cant push it higher it trades flat.

#29     Mar 30, 2010
  10. I think we're starting to get a bit off topic here. Let's re-focus:

We may all disagree about when it will happen. But as sure as morning follows night, this market will SOMEDAY turn around. And the longer we have to wait for it to happen, the more quick and violent it will be.

What are you prepared/preparing to do WHEN the market turns around?

And how are you managing your risk now to prepare?

#30     Mar 30, 2010