How are you, or how would you, invest in CHINA?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Let's face it, they are winning, and will win. They will be the #1 superpower soon, and their growth will continue bigly because they got their shiat together, unlike the U.S. and so many other countries.

So, how best to invest in China? Can one invest in the Chinese market directly? If so, is it wise? If not, what are the best ways to invest in China - stocks listed on U.S. markets (depositary receipts or something like that, forgot what they are called)? Chinese funds or ETFs? I'm all ears for ideas!

Thanks for any input!!!

2. treeman

treeman

YINN. It would be impossible to look at the chart and not say it’s in an uptrend. Which everyone seems to hate. Uptrends trade nicely and predictably though. Until they don’t. No sign of the dont.

3. Wow, looks great for trading, but I sure hate holding those highly leveraged ETFs for long periods given their high decay rates. I'm thinking more of investing here, holding for the long haul. Definately in an uptrend, however!!!

4. treeman

treeman

After a pullback, you should be able to hold it. People make too much of the decay on the long side (short side it’s a suckers bet). But do your own research. I’ve held 3x’s for years in a retirement account (yes, including last March) on the long side (tqqq). My percentage gain over the last 5 years is pretty staggering. I was running an experiment to see if I could hold on. The account isn’t of significance for me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  5. eem ETF has exposure to Chinese stocks.

6. ET180

ET180

Well, it's mostly cultural. The Chinese people value education and accomplishment while many in America are trying to destroy it and turn it into something else. Schools in China teach the kids about how great China and the CCP are while schools in the US teach kids that it is a horrible place founded on systemic racism and toxic whiteness / masculinity as statues of the country's leaders (including Abraham Lincoln) are torn down and names removed from schools. And of course, the idea of merit based on achievement is being replaced by something that will give other countries and companies that compete with us an advantage.

Anyhow, to answer your question, FXI is the best and most liquid China ETF play if you use options. ASHR also works. Watching EWY (South Korea) for an entry.

7. alyale

alyale

HK stocks

8. ASHR FXI KWEB. first two have the most liquidity and have options and they move slowER, meaning you can do vertical options on them and capture MOST the upside with out the downside and without and without paying time decay at all

9. ph1l

ph1l

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Thx re yinn and other ETFs.... handy list

I've dated many young women from China/Beijing.... very strong culture, the way America's headed we don't stand a chance, competitively eg open borders green energy weak trade etc

#10     Feb 18, 2021
    ET180 likes this.