How are you better than other traders?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Liberty Market Investment, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Pkay

Pkay

This is an interesting approach and has some merits. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Is this method using futures or options?

2. What do you mean by roll each month?

Thanks.

#71     Sep 20, 2020
  2. Pkay

Pkay

Good points, if your timing is off it may be quite a while before you see any real profits.

#72     Sep 20, 2020
  3. d08

d08

Futures need to be rolled. You cannot buy an ES contract for Dec 2050.

#73     Sep 20, 2020
  4. Tradex

Tradex

I use the free charting software from FXCM, it's called Marketscope.

I can go back in time (up to November 28, 2001) and look at, say, a 5 min chart of the GBP/USD on January 2, 2002, for instance.
    Then I can test any trading idea on that chart and the following 5-min charts, from January 2, 2002 to September 2020.

After a few years, you will start noticing some profitable chart patterns not described in any book. And then you test them again with other currency pairs to see if they are still profitable, the type of drawdown they usually generate and so on.

In other words you are simply testing different what-if scenarios: if the market does this, then this, then that, where does it usually go next: up or down? And how far does it go before reversing or hitting the stop?

This type of research can take a lifetime, that goes without saying.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    #74     Sep 20, 2020
  5. Tradex

Tradex

In zero-sum games it does not matter, your day trade AND the winning long term trade (from the other trader) are profitable ONLY because a loser somewhere is picking up the tab.

#75     Sep 20, 2020
  6. Heydrrich

Heydrrich

Except if the short term losing trade is part of a long term winning trade that gets scaled in.

#76     Sep 22, 2020
  7. trader1974

trader1974

My advantage is that I have lost many times.

#77     Sep 22, 2020
  8. ms33

ms33

I have super sperm.

#78     Sep 26, 2020
  9. The edge that no other trader has, is a true understanding of what actually drives the markets. It won`t be found in the created algorithms or probability studies, but in the real mathematical mechanisms.
    The markets are human consciousness in a math form, mirrored by the universe. Once you decode the language it speaks, you can talk to it and find exact reversal points.
    The chart NG BT 0,0,-1 is Nept. Geocentric giving you 5 points to buy in( daily bars)
    The chart (gray background) is the same formula but we now use Nept. Heliocentric. It gives us 3 different entry points.
    Every day in the market`s history is tested. When the mathematical argument is true, the program assigns a vertical colored line to that day.
    While one can still make money from the markets using a system, I spent many years trying to determine these mechanisms, and I have found even more accurate ones recently, but won`t have them to show until I can find a new programmer.

NG bt 0,0,-1 final num. div. 10.jpg NH bt 0,0,-1 final num. div. 10.jpg
    NG bt 0,0,-1 final num. div. 10.jpg

#79     Oct 27, 2020