How are you better than other traders?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Liberty Market Investment, Sep 17, 2020.

1. taowave

taowave

Speaking from experience,when I worked at Solly,we all sat around at looked at daily Graphs..

#21     Sep 17, 2020
  2. Tradex

Tradex

The exit is a close above the 200-day moving average (stop and reverse).
    This is not a complete trading system, just a simple suggestion of course.

#22     Sep 17, 2020
  3. Tradex

Tradex

And you were searching for head and shoulders, double bottoms, stuff like that?

#23     Sep 17, 2020
  4. Overnight

Overnight

My simple suggestion is to long anywhere, and roll. That's it. That's all there is. That is how time is the edge.

#24     Sep 17, 2020
    Grantx likes this.
  5. idk if this is an attempt to open a debate over the usefulness of chart reading. I have no interest in that

that being said, if your studies have made you privy to some 'patterns' that are not common knowledge (and more importantly have positive expectancy), then that's a good modeling edge. these are rare for retail to come across (whether they pick these up from academia, or create their own), but possible.

its important to define what an 'edge' actually is. else we burden the novice trader with delusions that certain prerequisites are advantages and obfuscate areas that actually need addressing. cc the entire field of trading 'psychology'

#25     Sep 17, 2020
  6. taowave

taowave

Yes,indeed...:)

#26     Sep 17, 2020
    Tradex likes this.
  7. Tradex

Tradex

And during bear markets, you do what, hibernate in a cave, like this bear here? :D

[​IMG]

#27     Sep 17, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

No. You hold your position and roll. That's all there is to it.

Plot it.

#28     Sep 17, 2020
  9. I can't believe I actually agree with you . . .

#29     Sep 17, 2020
  10. As a retail guy, I have a huge structural edge over big, institutional firms.

My fund size is much smaller.

LOL, I'm sure the big guys do not want my kind of edge, even though it is a big edge.

#30     Sep 17, 2020