How are you better than other traders?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Liberty Market Investment, Sep 17, 2020.

1. taowave

taowave

Elaborate please..

#11     Sep 17, 2020
  2. none of these are edges. anyway, in terms of retail edge over institutions, there aren't many. the ability to exploit niches that big funds cant, general agility in/out of trades, and the absence of complex corporate governance are some of the meager few.

that being said, retail can still share some of the same sources of edge that the big guys can. whether its some structural source of alpha, or a much rarer basis some proprietary modeling edge. on the whole, obv, there are many more areas where retail simply cannot compete.

#12     Sep 17, 2020
    MattZ likes this.
  3. Tradex

Tradex

"The stock market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time."
    Legendary trader Jesse Livermore.

#13     Sep 17, 2020
    d08 likes this.
  4. I’m better than technical traders because I know how to price events.
    I’m better than fundamental traders because I will not be stuck in a position that does not perform.
    I’m better than day traders because I can read order flow.
    I’m am better than institutional traders because I can enter and exit a position quicker.
    I’m better than outright traders because my derivative trades provide defined risk with better reward to risk ratios.
    I’m better than reversion to mean traders because I don’t have to wait a good part of the day for an opportunity.

Lastly and most importantly, I am better than profitable traders because I’m a giver!

Edited.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    #14     Sep 17, 2020
    vanzandt, yc47ib and 777 like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Time is the friend (edge) for the longs in an index future. There is no other rule. Go long right now in an index future. Roll each month. Do it for the past 10 years in a backtest. Calculate the result.

Voila'!

In every way we are, we don't have to change. We just don't have the guts to stay our course.

#15     Sep 17, 2020
    Pkay likes this.
  6. Tradex

Tradex

You truly believe institutions spend 20+ years studying charts, like some "retail" traders do (myself included)?

#16     Sep 17, 2020
  7. Tradex

Tradex

Now go short when the price closes below the 200 day moving average and make even more money, with much less drawdown.

Plus you will avoid ALL the freaking so-called "crashes". Heck, now you will profit from them!

Do it for the past 10 years in a backtest... :cool:

#17     Sep 17, 2020
  8. taowave

taowave

30 years ago they did...

#18     Sep 17, 2020
  9. Overnight

Overnight

So what is your exit on those shorts?

The exit on the longs is the roll. Calculate it.

#19     Sep 17, 2020
  10. Tradex

Tradex

Care to elaborate?
    Thanks.

#20     Sep 17, 2020