How are the newer prop traders holding up?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fxp125, Apr 3, 2007.

1. fxp125

fxp125

How is everyone doing who has been trading in a prop firm from a few months to a few years. Are you guys happy with your decision to trade? Happy with the money you are making? Any regrets?

2. Kovacs

Kovacs

I am getting shut down day after day. I just got shutdown 15 mins ago after going the wrong way on Sunoco.

I'm starting to wonder whether this is right for me.

3. Dustin

Dustin

What's your win/loss ratio and avg $ winner to loser ratio. The more important of the two is the $ ratio...you have to win more than you do when you lose.

4. Kovacs

Kovacs

It's still fluctuating wildly. Win ratio is between 48%-66%. The average loser is almost always larger than the average winner, with the positive expectancy fluctating between -$2.22 to $1.10.

In my training class, I have the record for the highest and the lowest daily net PNL. It's draining sometimes as everyone else seems to be moving forward while I've hit some kind of wall.

5. Dustin

Dustin

Set stops on those losers to keep them small, and so you can't break your rules.

Then scale into winners as they go your way...that way your losers always stay small, and your winners will often be big. You will find that often one good trade makes your day. But if you never pyramid in, then the good ones will be wasted.

Just my 2c...some unsolicited advice for you to ponder :)

6. fxp125

fxp125

How many shares are you guys trading per month? I have been trading for 6 months and trading around 500k/ month just want to see what the average volume is?