How are options actually priced?

Discussion in 'Options' started by IIAce, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Sorry. Futures Option = FOP

#11     Oct 13, 2006
  2. I thought it was a rotating position. Next time It's North Korea.

#12     Oct 13, 2006
  3. Normally, it would be. However, just this week, North Korea tested the feared "penny option pricing" system, thus destabilizing the entire options community. Only the US has used penny options in actual trading, and has fought hard to prevent penny option proliferation.

It's more likely Venezuela will take the rotating position. Unfortunately, filling out the spreadsheet will take twice as long due to repeated complaints about some kind of burning smell.

#13     Oct 13, 2006
  4. Options is a fools game and its rigged by some guys in a back room over at Goldman Sachs. Now they have a Goldman guy as the treasury secretary so no one will figure out this clearly rigged game.

Ever wonder why there is always so much options activity right before they announce a buyout? Yep. Its because those Goldman guys are at it again. Rigging up the game so they come out on top.

Now I know there will be some people who greatly doubt this or even think I am crazy for mentioning this. Some people might even think I am sarcastic.

Oh no. What I state is fact. Oil is going to $25 per barrel. The options are rigged by some shady dudes at Goldman. Your house will soon be worth nothing. Cheers.

#14     Oct 14, 2006
  5. ozzie123

ozzie123

Oh god, what should we do? WHAT SHOULD WE DO!!? :D

You're joking right?

#15     Oct 16, 2006
  6. Thanks to eagle, I got a job at Goldman last week. He's right, they are rigging the game, and now I'm rich! Woo hoo GS!

#16     Oct 16, 2006
  7. romik

romik

What about hedging using options? I must admit I've never traded options and still am looking into them, but primarily as a hedge.

#17     Oct 16, 2006
  8. ubs

ubs

witches and goblins and bad demons come up with option prices...didn't you know?

#18     Nov 28, 2006
  9. Didn't the fairies price options once?

#19     Dec 9, 2006
  10. The "Grail" of options pricing

#20     Dec 9, 2006