How about trading at WeWork.com ???

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by jk90029, Jan 5, 2017.

1. When I was trading spot forex fulltime I looked into getting an office just to be around other people. All of my friends had real jobs during normal working hours. I ended up figuring that it was not worth the expense so when I needed a break I just hung out at Starbucks. When you look at my monthly Starbucks bill maybe I did not get that one right. LOL.

#11     Jan 6, 2017
  2. BigTommy

BigTommy

Why not just trade from home? I mean, do you want distractions?

I wouldn't worry about security, just make sure everything is encrypted.

#12     Jan 6, 2017
    JSOP likes this.
  3. prc117f

prc117f

Maybe they are homeless living the vagabond life and you can't trade from the shelter or the Y :)

#13     Jan 6, 2017
  4. Good and helpful comment regarding security concern.

#14     Jan 6, 2017
  5. I agree that office is not worth to pay extra and SB might be a good choice.

However hope to find a joint coffee shop for traders, at least near Wall Street. If not, let us to make one.
    Trading logic does not need seeing each other, but we need (offline) talks about automating.

Personally my current interests are IB+python+siculi.

#15     Jan 6, 2017
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Actually you can. Many shelters provide internet nowdays and taxi drivers even trade from their taxis. The issue is capital. If you are homeless, chances are you won't have much capital to trade. :)

#16     Mar 1, 2017
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Trading via WIFI is HORRIBLE anyway as WIFI is highly unreliable and unstable with very frequent disconnections and very slow connections. You don't really want to all of sudden lose connection when you are in the middle of closing a $100K trade when the NFP number is just out. And when you are connected, you are not supposed to pass sensitive information like credit card numbers and etc. over WIFI.

#17     Mar 1, 2017
  8. Depending his/her ow trading logic, the conmection speed is not so crucial, also to me.

However security concern is important, I agree.

#18     Mar 1, 2017
  9. prc117f

prc117f

The coolest thing is being able to trade anywhere. I was at the airport waiting for a flight and was able to sell some SPY puts in the process and close out some older trades. Its amazing what you can do and how cheap trading has become. Now you can even see full Level II depth on options on your iphone. that is pretty slick.

#19     Mar 1, 2017
    JSOP likes this.