How about the ability to ignore entire threads?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by indahook, Jan 8, 2010.

I would use a thread block function

1. Never

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Sometimes

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Often

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Why block the comedy and tragidy?

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Baron,

Sometimes its not enough to try to block out the static that spammers, trolls, hecklers, newbs that refuse to use the search function or the douchebags create.

How about the ability to ignore threads?

What do the people say?

2. mxjones

mxjones

This already exists. It is a little known feature called "don't click on it".

3. Damn I spelled tragedy wrong...duh

When I see the same newb trading question threads everyday for the last 6 years sometimes I just want to make it go away. Why have to even scroll past it twice? Poof its gone...

But thank you for your clever response.

4. gaj

gaj

i agree, but not only the newb trading, but some of the other threads that have lasted forever, where ppl try to show who's a pretend BSD.

if the ignore thread feature was there, i'd see other threads which might be of more interest; as is, those other threads don't appear because they're not in the few most-recent list.

5. maxpi

maxpi

When you put a user on ignore his threads don't show but it reduces the number of threads. That is stupid [if you don't mind me saying so] because moron threads will bury other threads. When somebody goes on ignore they really should become transparent and anything they do should have no effect whatsoever....

Elitetrader could become the first website with an intelligent ignore usage really just with the things I've suggested. 1) have a database of the most ignored user names and add a feature to select how far into that list one wants to ignore, say top 10-20-50-100, etc, or top 1%-2%-5%, etc... 2) make the ignore not affect the number of threads visible... 3) if somebody is on one's ignore list and somebody in the thread quotes them, don't show the quote. Trolls that know everybody has them on ignore can quote themselves as it stands... I say snuff out the trolls entirely, give us a world where we can choose to not get our neural pathways trodden on by scummy pieces of shit...

6. trendo

trendo

lol

I don't recall who it was, but someone suggested a good idea: New posters would have their first 25 posts placed on hold until reviewed by a mod. It's not a cure-all, but it might reduce trolls and other douche bags to a large extent.

7. I cant ever read ET anymore. The front page has at least 3 threads started by the same lunatic using different alias`.