How about NMX?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by rateesquad, Nov 13, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Nymex on Tuesday increased the estimated price range of its initial public offering by 10% and added 500,000 more shares as investors line up for the commodities bourse.

NMX0.00, 0.00, 0.0% ) said it'll offer 6.5 million shares at $54-$57 a share, richer than its earlier terms of 6 million shares at $48-$52 a share.
    Under the new terms, the corporate holding company for the New York Mercantile Exchange will raise about $361 million in its IPO based on the midpoint of its new range, up from its earlier purse of $300 million.
    The New York Mercantile Exchange's IPO is "massively oversubscribed," according to Scott Sweet, managing director of IPO Boutique.
    "Deals like this come rarely in a given year," said Sweet, who reiterated his top rating of 5 on the IPO.
    Nymex will have to generate an opening pop of more than 100% to take the cake as the biggest IPO opener of the year.

#21     Nov 15, 2006
  2. S2007S

S2007S

stock could easily open up at 75+++

#22     Nov 15, 2006
  3. Tuneman

Tuneman

the secret is out on this one, its gonna drop like a rock

#23     Nov 15, 2006
  4. mbay

mbay

Bah, secret, ok :)

#24     Nov 15, 2006
  5. Tuneman

Tuneman

youre gonna get hosed, enjoy.

#25     Nov 15, 2006
  6. Think of it this way. For a stock to become a winner, it must at first be hated. There must be bad press and naysayers from the start. That way, when the conference call rolls around, the naysayers can be proven wrong. Then people rush in to buy the stock.

If a stock is well liked from the start, then the stock will be expected to jump over higher hurdles and will have to continue doing so.

NYX, ICE and MA all had their naysayers. You can go back and find articles that speak out against it. In fact, you can find analysts from reputable firms stating that Mastercard was a sell at 50.

So if everyone rushes in at once, gangbusters. Where is the upside?

My standard advice is to wait for the first conference call and analyst review on an IPO. However, there are certain exceptions, like Mastercard. What made Mastercard a strong buy at the time was depressed market conditions, bad press and analysts that said sell.

You need the naysayers to hold the price back. Bashers are an important part of a bull-market. When the bashers are proven wrong, then the buyers rush in.

If there are no bashers, then where do we go from here?

#26     Nov 15, 2006
  7. Can you short an IPO?

#27     Nov 15, 2006
  8. I missed out on GOOG IPO.. I'm not gonna miss this. Like the other guy said, "I need some IPO ass" lol.

#28     Nov 15, 2006
  9. pv150

pv150

Hottest IPO since BIDU? That doubled by eod. :eek:

#29     Nov 15, 2006
  10. IB already takes the symbol "NMX."

Lock and load.

#30     Nov 15, 2006