How about a new topic for Crypto Currency Stocks?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cdntrader, Dec 18, 2017.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Too much hype....I think this is just as worse or even more worse than the dot com days!!! I think because of social media and how quick everything travels these days through the interweb that this cryptocurrency crazy could be even more significant....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    #11     Dec 18, 2017
  2. just21

just21

It is money. Money is the ultimate bubble.

#12     Dec 18, 2017
    zdreg likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

4. Exactly! ride the wave Baron! :D

#14     Dec 18, 2017
  5. Euler09

Euler09

Tales from the crypt....get it

#15     Dec 18, 2017
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I actually just noticed that today when I went to Yahoo finance....the hype is unbelievable.....and after looking at the hundreds and hundreds of cryptocurrencies they literally only .over in one direction...UP!!!

Most of them are up hundreds and hundreds of percent in the last month....some even thousands of percent.

#16     Dec 18, 2017
  7. just21

just21

Treat it as venture capital in a state of the art computer science experiment. How many venture capital opportunities do you get in a lifetime? I borrowed a small amount from my margin account in 2013 to buy bitcoin. I am doing it again to invest in ethereum 2.0 cardana and I like ripple as it is replacing swift.

#17     Dec 19, 2017
  8. kandlekid

kandlekid

>I think this is just as worse or even more worse than the dot com days!!! I<

Not sure about that. Back then, all you had to do is say "internet", and your stock took off. Case in point, KTEL. They announced that they were expanding to the internet, and they took off. In those days, a short squeeze was fairly common. Not sure if it would apply to cryptocurrencies. Also, almost all of those stocks are worthless now, if they're even listed. The only ones that I can think of that really succeeded are Amazon and Ebay and possibly Yahoo (the Google IPO came later, in 2004). It was a true bubble that burst in a big way. Anyway, I think the dot com bubble was a once in a lifetime event.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    #18     Dec 19, 2017
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

What you are not sure of? It is exactly like that. All you have to say today crypto ICO and the money pours in. Shorting is a little bit harder though, when there is almost unlimited supply. Also you forgot about a little company called Apple, and AOL is still around.

Everything repeats in history, people just tend to forget. And once this bubble bursts, 10 years down the road there will be another bubbles, who knows, biotech, memory upload or whatever will be the new flavour.

Cryptos will survive on computers people desperately holding to them in the hope that they will raise again and reach their former highs. They are going to be like penny stocks and occasionally get a quick pump and dump.

But overall, crypto prices will come down, because unlimited supply can not keep price up forever...

#19     Dec 19, 2017
  10. Arnie

Arnie

Pekelo, have to disagree with you.

I think the real value is in the blockchain ledger. Whether these digital currencies ever become mainstream is unknown, but the technology behind it is fascinating.

#20     Dec 19, 2017