How about a forum section dedicated to investing?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bankroll, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Last time I've been around here I've opened quite a few topics in General Topics > Trading dedicated to just that; investing if I recall correctly. So a forum section dedicated to investing would be cool.

ElectricSavant likes this.
  2. What word comes after Elite...in the domain name, o_O
    I rest my case.

If you enjoy the exciting, fast-paced, incredibly lucrative world of investing...then create your own website called EliteInvestor.

3. ET180

ET180

try seekingalpha

4. tomorton

tomorton

With most conventional investments being long-term, wouldn't that make for a very dull forum?

I mean, you find the investment type that suits your requirements and you report back in 10 years how it went.......

ET180, TreeFrogTrader and Baron like this.
  5. I searched for the difference between trading and investing. The first answer came from Investopedia:

What is the difference between investing and trading?

Do you agree? Disagree? To add my 2 cents, I see trading as the zero sum game, investing as the not zero sum game. But it's just an interesting tid bit, to me, either approach is valid.

Some traders (forex traders) say any money kept on your account is at risk (they consider their forex platforms as platform risk), you have to move (part of) your profits to a safe (investment) account.

So you have on this forum (off)topics like politics, religion (all fine), nearly anything, expect for the investing part of the trading-investing duo? I have to say, I find it odd!

Legendary(?) author of Fail-Safe Investing: Lifelong Financial Security in 30 Minutes and two times Libertarian presidential candidate, Harry Browne argued that you should have a separate permanent portfolio (safe funds), and a variable portfolio (fun money to play with):

Rule #12: Speculate only with money you can afford to lose.

Of course, this is up to debate, but where else is a better place to debate it than in the Elite Trader Investing forum section?

Who runs this forum? As far as I can tell, @Baron runs it. I wonder if he sees it a sounds business decision to have all these sub-forums like politics and religion (all fine with me), expect ditching altogether the investing side part of trading... Odd. Odd to me.

Seeking Alpha does not seem like a (similar) discussion forum like Elite Trader. More, if it were your forum, would you find it a sound business decision to direct your users to a domain outside your control to discuss some aspect, I think quite relevant to their trading life and general interest? At lest if this were my forum, sure I wouldn't direct my users interested in trading if, god forbid, they want to talk a bit about safe investment principles, if they are welcome to discus politics, religion, and whatnot.

6. A sub-forum for Investing might be nice for some readers and contributers here...why not?

I would be interested in how an Investor uses various indicators for dollar cost averaging entries and how they might measure up to traditional DCA ?

ES

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  7. Sure, why not? Investing is buy the top, sell at the bottom, heart failure inevitable. The cure? Ruler and pencil.