How a self made top 5% trader views the world (ME)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chloride, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Who is showing fake P/L?

#51     Aug 11, 2007
  2. I don't usually post on here, but this got to be the most worthless and self-serving thread I have ever seen on ET.

#52     Aug 12, 2007
  3. I AGREE but did it ever occur to you that 95% of folks here on ET really are losers, probably including you.

#53     Aug 12, 2007
  4. andread

andread

I was very impressed by NyseKiller. He was one of the most amazing traders on ET. The story is, I think, that RM spotted something that showed he was using a buggy version of a program, which allowed him to fake his P/L. After that NyseKiller stopped posting.
    You probably remember him

#54     Aug 12, 2007
  5. This thread should be renamed to why are traders pricks. :D

#55     Aug 12, 2007
  6. I have to admit that I am a loser. That is something I don't denied or pretend not to be. I know a lot of "losers" try to pretend that they are the top 5% winners as well.

The bottom line is, I don't care if the OP is the top 5% or the other 95%. To me, trading success is not something you could achieve by reading threads of successful traders. There is no short cut and that one have to go through this journey the long hard way.

BTW: Thanks for the motivation.

#56     Aug 12, 2007
  7. Yeah you're right. The software he was using 'Sterling Trader' makes the user input what ECN charges/rebates are, so he probably programmed it to rebate $100/1000 shares or something retarded like that. What a wanker. I thought you were implying that someone posting on there now was posting bullshit numbers.

#57     Aug 12, 2007
  8. gaidaros

gaidaros

anger is ONE way of getting back your focus

once you have realized how you did it

then you can replicate it without being angry

my 2 cts

#58     Aug 12, 2007
  9. nonam

nonam

silent creature

New Post 08-12-07 08:03 AM

This thread should be renamed to why are traders pricks.

Whats the main difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
    The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.:p

#59     Aug 12, 2007
  10. teck

teck

Yes Chloride Im good with pretty much everything stated I feel that way -and in my mind im thinking all this stuff all though my work day .Im always seeking the way out from max security but ive also slumped into a comfort zone making it even harder to be
    ambitious enough to take to massive actions or chances to step up and out to the next level. Thinking back though it was always anger and being totally exasperated with my job and prediciment that got me as far as i am. Im 50 now though not as ambitious as 20 or 30....still though i want a much bigger income more freedom and power .Im currently reading a book were the author states if you want a great income and life you have to give up the good one you have- but most wont give up their shit income or life .....why because they settle for less their not angry or fed up enough to get off their asses... anyway ,just some thoughts ...thnx

#60     Aug 12, 2007