Housing Flipper's Flop - Many Are Wiped Out

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Where can you buy any sort of home for 50k?

#11     Apr 29, 2007
  2. That's because Mexicans build all the houses in Az, Nv, and So Cal.

They just melt into the woodwork when the work stops and either go find another labor job or go back to Mexico.

Phantom workforce lol.

John

#12     Apr 29, 2007
  3. The So. Cal. economy could not survive without it's illegal immigrant work force.

#13     Apr 29, 2007
  4. But I was once a plant manager in San Diego and most of my crew drove over from TJ everyday. I would put that crew up against any crew in the country for production output.

#14     Apr 29, 2007
  5. I lived there 8 years. Mexicans are the hardest working people I have ever seen.

John

#15     Apr 29, 2007
  6. It's actually the other way around. Rent prices get locked in with leases and a certain % increase. Unless it goes at market, in which case, the rent price may be absurd.

Either way, in most of USA, it is impossible to get a mortgage payment equivalent to the rent of the same place. Not to mention insurance, property taxes, upkeep, etc.

#16     Apr 29, 2007
  7. Buyers get the mortgage interest deduction. To higher income earners that loophole closes the gap between out of pocket rent vs. debt service.

You can't compare payments because a mortgage has principal repayment included.

#17     Apr 29, 2007
  8. I've noticed on the "Flip This House" (or whatever its called) on TLC they revisit people they filmed last year. Most of them did not achieve the results they had hoped for. There's a flip on my street that has been for sale for over 6 mos. now.

#18     Apr 29, 2007
  9. "Rent prices get locked in with leases and a certain % increase. Unless it goes at market, in which case, the rent price may be absurd."

I own and rent out 2 sfh's.
    I don't do leases, just month to month.
    Rents are at mkt, and I can raise them anytime I feel like taking a chance on losing the tenants I now have.

Local landlords that I talk to are going "no lease".
    It protects us more than a yr lease. No evictions. Just a 30 day move out notice.
    Anything after that and they're trespassing.

#19     Apr 29, 2007
  10. I'd suggest you review the landlord-tenant law in your state. Following a 30 day notice, after which the tenant does not move out, they are not "trespassing". They are now a hold-over tenant, who you will have to evict under the provisions of your state law.

OldTrader

#20     Apr 30, 2007