Housing Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Comanche, May 16, 2007.

1. I guess it wont surprise anyone here to find out that housing starts for may were 1.528 mm which was an 18% DECLINE from 1.849 mm last year, and that housing permits, ignoring the revised lie from last month were 1.429 mm which was a 28% DECLINE from 1.984 mm last year.

Don't you just love how they report vs last month instead of last year so the numbers don't look so bad?

#11     May 16, 2007
  2. not a big deal though

markets flat

#12     May 16, 2007
  3. No, because it means a rate cut sooner. The ripple effect is going to get uglier, though, whenever the "private equity" bubble gets targeted.

Wait till they load Chrysler up with debt, LOL.

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. It won't matter...the ones packaging the deal get rich in fees...they don't give a fuck about Chrysler...just give them debt and get paid for finding them cheap debt. That's all it is. Easy money baby. :D

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. Yeah, I know, but I think the Fed will see the writing on the walls and change the rules when Chrysler gets leveraged up. They can't even afford to pay attention, let alone pay back loans.

Even *I* can see that.

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. too much analysis of a rather minor piece data

#16     May 16, 2007
  7. You always say it is no big deal, it is minor information. I suppose you will finally think something is not so minor when you get a margin call.

#17     May 16, 2007
  8. This works with the oil sector. News comes out that one of VLO's refineries is offline -> oil and gasoline spike up -> oil sector (including VLO) go up, too.

#18     May 16, 2007
  9. it would take an 87' type crash for me to enter margin call zone

#19     May 16, 2007