housing crash

Discussion in 'Economics' started by silk, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Wow! I would have guessed the Las Vegas market to be one of the least vulnerable...

#21     Jan 2, 2005
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Jeez, she bought 19 homes but she's the victim. LOL.

#22     Jan 2, 2005
  3. Thank you - I was just going to post the same ... unbelievable lack of taking responsibility. I'm sure if these same "victims" had profited $100k per home they wouldnt have been complaining. Getting that heavily leveraged into real estate in one area is just insane unless you have other investments to balance it out and have the deep pockets to ride out the dips. Of course if its really that bad its not just the buyer that will eat it - the banks will take the hit too when these investors default on their loans.

#23     Jan 2, 2005
  4. One bedroom apartments in a middle class New York City neighborhood go for 350k+. I can't afford it, neither can many others. I just don't see prices going any higher than that even if interest rates stayed flat. Correction seems not only imminent but logical.

#24     Jan 2, 2005
  5. yenzen

yenzen

Nah, they'll invent a 50 year mortgage after prices hit 400k

Mr Zen

#25     Jan 2, 2005
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Middle class is not Manhattan. Middle class is Queens. Plenty of one bedroom places in the mid 100's throughout Flushing ect.

#26     Jan 2, 2005
  7. colewave

colewave

Makes you wonder how many other clueless people have leveraged themselves with 19 newly built homes through the easy money loan approvals of the builders and mortgage companies.

#27     Jan 2, 2005
  8. we all know she is going bust...but who is left holding the bag??? is fannie mae buying these loans??? so when fannie mae implodes who is going to take the hit??? now we are talking criminal charges against these mortgage companies. not shifting any responsibility....but the girl is just dumb..not a crook. PULTE is the crook here and that is who we need to go after. c'mon guys, this was an easy one.

#28     Jan 2, 2005
  9. That was a legitimate answer or did you want something to support that housing is going to crash? Oldtrader had pointed out that housing stocks were up i believe over 50% since the infamous "RE is dead thread" was created. Seeing that you were an active participant in that thread, even claiming truely ridiculous things such as Templeton saying housing will crash 90% in some areas, what exactly have you contributed to this site other than worthless banter that has been so far from the truth that its quite amusing? I'm still trying to find a region in the US where inflation is what you claim to be 8%.

#29     Jan 2, 2005
  10. yenzen

yenzen

Are you really an ignoramus or do you just play one on Elite Trader?

#30     Jan 2, 2005