Household Wealth Falls by Trillions - Wealthy Really Retreating. Don't Raise Taxes.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 13, 2009.

1. You're a dumb fuck loser. If you think folks making a quarter million are "greedy" because they'd like to take home more than half their income then it's you who is a good for nothing thief.

Yes the rates are lower than a generation ago but THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY TAX SHELTERS. Friggin' moron.

#11     Mar 13, 2009
  2. The point is that NOW is the wrong time to raise any taxes, even if you think higher marginal tax rates on any form of income are a good idea (I don't because I believe there's a demonstrable correlation between higher taxation rates and increased governmental inefficiency).

Raising taxes now is akin to a doctor telling a heart attack victim to jump on the treadmill during the episode, because exercise is good for the heart.

#12     Mar 13, 2009
  3. What am I missing here?

You were bearish so this market is hardly a surprise to you.

And you voted for Obama whose tax policies are no surprise.

The equation would be"If A occurs then the implementation of B is bad policy." Well as someone who saw A then why did you enable B?

#13     Mar 13, 2009
  4. How do you know who I voted for?

Aside from that, even if that were true, that wouldn't preclude me from strongly criticizing Obama on many fronts, including tax policy.

I also don't agree with Obama's abortion stance, as I believe the emphasis on unwanted pregnancies should be more pregnancy prevention policy, and failing that, increased adoptions (the waiting list for competent parents in the U.S. to adopt a child is a mortal sin).

I also detest the stimulus package that Obama passed. I view it as a buffer of time so that units of government could keep doing the same inefficient things with taxpayer money they've been doing with increasing fervor for decades. I doubt most people realize that the biggest reason for the passage of the stimulus package was to pacify teacher unions, pad government payrolls, and bail out irresponsible state, county and city/village/township levels of government - they seem to be 'above the recession.'

I could go on and on about things I dislike about Obama.

On the buffet of American Politics, we are unfortunately inevitably offered a choice of a shit sandwich or a turd burger.

#14     Mar 13, 2009
  5. Dumb fuck loser? Wanna say that to my face, you fat pampered spoiled prick? Or do you only act tough on the internet, cause you're nothing but a punk bitch in real life?

Aren't you the one who spent years blowing up when you privileged edge of being on the floor was taken away? Your momma & daddy couldn't help you out then, huh? You don't know sh*t about real life, born as the spoiled brat that you are, so better put a leash on that attitude, cause someday real life will be knocking on your door.

You think you're the only one who pays taxes, you selfish piece of crap? You think that everyone else except you get free money thrown at them by the government? If you had the brain & attention span to read the stimulus bill & the actual proposed tax changes, you would realize just how stupid you and your loverboy gnome sound.

There is a whole business based on tax shelters, if you weren't a stubborn closeminded retard, you would have been involved in many of them going on right now. Plenty of tax shelters are active, a number of new ones have been made available in early 2000s. There are literally firms that have been started in the last 10 years over new tax shelters The stimulus bill is actually pushing a few of them, but apparently taking advantage of them requires work, maybe too much for your lazy ass. You just want the government to keep cutting taxes on you, down to what, zero?

So all you end up doing is bitching about the fact that taxes are simply going back to the levels they were at in 2000, with a small extra hike. Were you complaining then how everyone was a welfare case and you were supporting them back in 2000 or late 1990s? Imbecile.

#15     Mar 13, 2009
  6. Anyhow... The wealthy will gain a unique advantage under BO. A small percentage of taxpayers provide half the Fed's income and moreso in the BO admin, if they simply raise the middle digit salute and refuse to pay, the government will capitulate.

#16     Mar 13, 2009