House votes 413-1 to protest Chinese crackdown. Yes, its Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderZones, Apr 9, 2008.

1. The U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a resolution Wednesday calling on China to end its crackdown on Tibet and release Tibetans imprisoned for "nonviolent" demonstrations.

Tibetan monks protest in San Francisco along the Olympic torch's 85,000-mile route toward Beijing.

The vote was 413-1. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, who recently dropped out of the presidential race, was the lone congressman voting against it.

2. Turok

Turok

Interesting -- I'd like to hear his reasoning.

It's a guess here, but perhaps it's simply a vote to protest using that forum to make points rather than achieve something of substance. Again, just a guess.

JB

3. As much as I'd like to see Tibetans free, Ron Paul is the only non-imbecile in the whole of Congress to realize you just might not have leverage to try and force a country you're borrowing money from to finance an ongoing war to do what you wish it would do, and that symbolic votes are a waste of taxpayer dollars.

4. Another example of congress wasting it's time. Who are they trying to impress anyway?

5. Almost as high as Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2331951.stm

lol

Just another Saddam's congress.

6. Let an old Tibetan man tell you the real story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGoE5qaKrE

7. What real story? I can't hear what he says, can you?
    And who is thanking him for his bravery, in the end caption? PRC government?

8. Next Congress will vote to allow Mexicans to return to their former homeland---CA?

9. Real Tibetans don't speak good English.
    Because English is not their native language.

This old man was a slave of the Dalai Lama.

He said to the young Indians/Americans,
    "You are not qualified to talk about democracy"

"The more you lie, the more money you make"

"Religious freedom, 100%"

10. Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico
    too

#10     Apr 9, 2008