House to vote on whether to consider articles of impeachment for Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Jul 17, 2019.

1. DTB2

DTB2

Keep lol-ing, it's all you've got.

#21     Jul 19, 2019
    LacesOut likes this.
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

So no wall,Mexico has paid for no wall,Obamacare is still here,NK still has nukes while playing Trump like a damn fool,until Trumps NAFTA replacement passes Congress(good luck with that) NAFTA is still in effect,the US's trade deficit with China is higher now than when Trump took office,the deficit is 400 billion a year higher than when Trump took office,Democrats took The House,something even Obama couldn't do,more illegals are in the country than when Trump took office,more illegals are entering the country than when Trump took office etc

Yeah,WINNING!!!! MAGA!!!!

#22     Jul 19, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.

#23     Jul 19, 2019
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Another deficit Trump promised to reduce

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/06/us-china-trade-deficit-record-1242498

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

By DOUG PALMER

03/06/2019 09:04 AM EST

The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump’s second year in office, despite his efforts to rein in what the administration views as Beijing's trade transgressions. The trade gap rose to $419.2 billion in 2018, from the previous record of $375.5 billion in 2017, a Commerce Department report released Wednesday showed.

A senior Democrat slammed Trump for failing to make progress on his promise of reducing the overall goods deficit, despite lobbing tariffs at both China and other trade partners in 2018.

"Today's announcement that the merchandise trade deficit for 2018 topped $891 billion shows that the president has flunked the test he set for himself," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer in a statement. "It is time for President Trump to acknowledge that his scattershot approach to trade policy is failing and explain how he intends to change course and reverse these record deficits."

#24     Jul 19, 2019
  5. I still see no way a President ever can drastically reduce a trade deficit like we have with China. We all want to buy shit made in china and they don't want to buy American made shit. Tale as old as time and since we are a consumer economy, it will not change.

I know China and Japan have barriers to entry of foreign goods while we are open like a whore on prom night, but my point is when any President of any party say they will reduce a trade deficit, which is created by the private sector via buying and spending, I laugh at the stupidity.

EDIT: My additional point was when a President says this and their supporters believe it, it shows you the electorate can be led around like drones to anything and explains a lot of Trump's support.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    #25     Jul 19, 2019
    Overnight and Cuddles like this.
  6. Pelosi insists that she is "very pleased" with Nadler not letting go of this impeachment disaster.

If the spirit moves you, read this article, and see if you think she sounds pleased.

She sounds like she is just one conversation away from going full postal. No way she should be able to pass a background check for a gun purchase.

IMPEACHMENT? DO IT PUSSIES.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ut-on-press-im-done-talking-about-impeachment

#26     Sep 12, 2019
    DTB2 and elderado like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Fixed it for you, lol!

#27     Sep 12, 2019
  8. Well cheap in price mainly not always in quality. After all you like your iPhone, Apple and Dells and they are made in Asia at a cheaper cost and not necessarily dinky toys.

My overall point is that we are a consumer society and a service sector provider. It does not make global economic sense to destroy those two to protect the industrial portion of the economy that in a free trade society, freely chose to go overseas for lower labor and production costs. China and Japan may be unfair in how our goods and services get in but punitive tariffs from Reagan to Clinton to Trump rarely work because of the position we are in now.

Tariffs on Japanese auto imports hurt U.S. auto dealers tremendously and they lobbied Reagan to get them removed. Trump is paying billions in free money to farmers to help them with the effects of retaliatory tariffs put on U.S. agricultural goods.

So tariffs will always be lobbied against by U.S. consumer interest or lead to increased spending on the part of the government to offset the effects of such tariffs.

Tale as old as time and all of you were so casual and "don't give a fuck" when Apple, Ford, Dell, Cisco et al were moving shit overseas because you wanted lower costs so it is hard to suddenly complain now. After all even the President is having his shit made overseas and I am supposed to accept his hypocrisy of buy American made only? Nah... I got a business to run and cheap shit to buy.

#28     Sep 12, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

The only thing I was fixing (or interoculating) was the word "cheep", as opposed to "cheap". Teehee.

#29     Sep 12, 2019
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Idiot Dems like Gerald Nonads don't even know enough about The Constitution to realize that impeachment does not come from a committee-----it comes from The House.

#30     Sep 13, 2019