House rejects balanced-budget amendment

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Butterball

Butterball

Did the UK also collapse into a 3rd world country when Pound Sterling lost its reserve status?

#11     Nov 19, 2011
  2. Taxes already pay, here in the US, for Social Security and Medicare, and the moment you illiterates try to take it away you will be reminded of that, quite forcefully.
    That you want something for nothing doesn't mean everyone does. What everyone does want is to get what they pay for.

#12     Nov 19, 2011
  3. rew

rew

Who's illiterate? Social Security is already in deficit, and most of the baby boomers haven't retired yet. Social Security taxes must be raised <i>right now</i>, if you really believe that entitlements should be paid for by taxes. Medicare is in even worse shape. It is costing far more than the money coming in from Medicare taxes.

Where, illiterate one, did I say that I want something for nothing? That is something that liberals and necons want, and I'm neither.

#13     Nov 19, 2011
  4. This is true, but irrelevant, as the same people who were paying those taxes for future SS/Medi benefits insisted their elected leaders spend it on things like B2 bombers and 10 years wandering the deserts of Iraq.

That money has already been spent.

It's gone.

The obligation has been fulfilled.

#14     Nov 19, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Our deficit IS out of control and problems have ALREADY emerged.

#15     Nov 19, 2011
  6. the1

the1

I agree with this poster but in times where extra stimulus/spending isn't needed the Government still creates a deficit. Deficit spending should be left to a vote of Congress but then, since the defeated this bill that would be a moot point.

#16     Nov 19, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

no one ver insisted since ww2,the wars were there to allow large corporations to move into foriegn countries and set up biz to profit from thier resources,we need to vote out every dem and rep out of wash and kill the machine,all this debt is owed to banks,not countries,its profit compiled on loans,obliterate the banks like hitler and the nazi regime,the banks are a worse threat, and start with new banks run under fair laws,jail the bankers ,congressmen,senate ,lobbyists that conjured up the crime, and move on..we can vote them out...put in just men and women,reform the banking laws...problem solved...end of story...all the resources..the supply,demand and workforce are still in place ,just start over ,without the crooks..can't do it as long as the republic/democrat machine is in place...2 cock roaches will breed a thousand more

#17     Nov 19, 2011
  8. Americans have that option every 2 years.

They have declined to exercise it.

Obladi oblada...

#18     Nov 19, 2011