House passes $516 billion bill for troops in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Bob111

Bob111

yeah right...imagine,what 500b can do,in right hands, invested in R&D...
    justo to give you an idea-

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4230315.html

#11     Dec 18, 2007

2. its so fucking sad because we have the means to progress, and instead are pillaging our financial resources with this iraq/afghan garbage.

I feel like we are the astronaut in 2001 space odyssey hal kicked out of the ship.. just drifting farther away from progress and powerless to get back.

#12     Dec 18, 2007
  3. AK100

AK100

But imagine a US that loses its guaranteed oil supply? How many trillions of $ would that cost the economy, how many 'american lives' would be lost in the homeland?

Those are questions that the people complaining about the war never think about. I'm not for the war, but can understand that as America is basically all about money and business the country has no other options open to it unless it negotiates some sort of peace but as the American government is stocked full of religious nutcases that's highly unlikely to happen.

PS. And war is good for business don't forget.

#13     Dec 18, 2007
  4. Imagine a US that spent that $$$ this past few yrs on efficient cars, solar research funding, installing nuclear power plant base, etc. so it wouldn't matter if oil supplies disappeared?

Thats good for business, just *different* businesses. [defense contractors and oil producers obviously not]

#14     Dec 18, 2007
  5. We lose all oil. How many american lives would be lost in the homeland? If you cant drive or fly you die? how so? :confused:

#15     Dec 18, 2007
  6. now here folks, is a model citizen.

#16     Dec 18, 2007
  7. oh thank you very much... i still occasionally eat meat. tough habit to quit.

#17     Dec 18, 2007
  8. Bob111

Bob111

Freeze all the money of those middle eastern sheiks, that they hold and invest in US.
    and told them to find osama(if that's the goal in afgan). i guarantee you, by the end of the week, they will send his head to lil bush. This will cost US absolutely nothing.
    this afgan\osama war is a joke, spit in US citizens face..

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSL1242907320071112?rpc=24

#18     Dec 18, 2007
  9. Yes I agree...that would have an almost magical effectiveness.

#19     Dec 18, 2007
  10. unreal

#20     Dec 18, 2007