House Orders Up Three Elite Jets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Aug 5, 2009.

1. http://www.rollcall.com/media/37552-1.html

"Last year, lawmakers excoriated the CEOs of the Big Three automakers for traveling to Washington, D.C., by private jet to attend a hearing about a possible bailout of their companies.

But apparently Congress is not philosophically averse to private air travel: At the end of July, the House approved nearly $200 million for the Air Force to buy three elite Gulfstream jets for ferrying top government officials and Members of Congress. "

2. like african dictators???

3. Illum

Illum

They just don't give a F.. lol. We need to downsize this disaster anyway possible.

4. Eight

Eight

Like little Marxist bastards like Hugo Chavez and all of them really. They make the private sector grovel and they confiscate the palaces and best ranches "for the people" and use them as personal property... we so badly need to overthrow this Marxist regime and the whole idealogy...

Commu.. I mean Democrats are losing the Senior Citizen vote even as we speak, and the vote in general.. they rode to power on an 8 year total onslaught on the Bush administration by the press, now people look at them and are saying "where did we get this shit from?"

5. "Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-Ga.) had submitted a request to the Appropriations Committee for a $70 million earmark for one airplane on behalf of Georgia-based Gulfstream, and Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) lists the airplane as one of the earmarks that he was asked to request, though his office said he never made the request to the Appropriations Committee."

The airforce had asked for one plane, a couple of congressman from Georgia decided to do a stimulus package for their state and asked for three planes; nothing surprising in that.

At least they are buying American.

6. Eight

Eight

The leadership of General Motors probably buys American. Democrats made them GROVEL for their bailout money. If I were them I would have likely told team BO Pelosi to shove it all sideways so far it gave them a bad hair day and gone straight into BK. I'd have dumped the union contracts just to show them who's the big dog and who's wagging who... then I would hire a completely new workforce, all black.. and train them to show the Democrats that black workers indeed belong in the private sector and are fine employees, and can vote Republican if they feel like it too.. I'd give them Republican party literature along with a free lunch every Friday... GM could have just split off the financial arm and let it die it's own death in BK court.. where is the vision nowadays??

I'd hire a media company to make a documentary of the whole thing, it would open with me on the phone to BO Pelosi telling them politely but firmly that they can have the meeting to discuss GM's bailout if they want but I'll not be attending... and it would end with me in BK court with the union guys aghast and all the contracts tossed, retirees, shit happens union retirees... get some welfare from BO Pelosi, you voted for them....

People say it's too complicated, but I've dealt with s^&t before, when my back is to the wall, NOTHING IS COMPLICATED, the complication chips have to get played wherever they fall....

Dang, I should be advising people all over the planet, we could get the place sorted out...