House of Cards ready to fall

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Well said.
    :)

#71     Jan 19, 2007
  2. billdick

billdick

Better still: Don't quote. Get facts, think and explain what you think they mean.

For example the first post of this thread (several times commented upon) is a pre-2007 prediction of rapid fall (profit taking) in the markets that others have pointedly noted has not yet happened. (New highs instead)

I am not sure if it was this thread or another where I pointed out that new highs are a natural result of a constant value being expressed in dollars of decreasing value. I will equally foolishly predict that before end of 2007, due to dollar drop, the Dow will be sniffing around just below 1500, but only in dollars, not in gold plus a basket of other currencies.

#72     Jan 19, 2007
  3. You have 15 posts--check your history for the thread in question.

#73     Jan 19, 2007
  4. There are many signs in the market a correction will take place. The correction will not be sudden and swift, but 3-6 months in the making. The Nasdaq Composite made a top at 2508.93 and will slowly sell-off from here.

IBM and APPLE are both excellent examples. Great companies, excellent earnings calls and then sell-off. One has to ask the question, what if these were smaller companies and had bad earnings call? I have the answer, CWTR and RACK.

Please visit my blogspot where I detail the exact reasons why I believe there will be a correction in the future.

www.marketbarometer.blogspot.com

#74     Jan 20, 2007
  5. billdick

billdick

Yes, I am new here (< three months) and not very active here and do not have time to be so. Please tell how I can efficiently find my prior posts, if that is possible. Thanks.

You did not comment on my point (Markets at all time highs due in large part to declining value of dollar. - I.e. A Dow with constant purchasing power (real value) expressed in dollars with decreasing purchasing power will, I think, obviously be going higher.)

PS to marketbarometer. I was visitor 31 and sort of liked your site - certainly not worse than much of the nonsense one can read.

#75     Jan 20, 2007
  6. Tops take much longer to form than bottoms. It's almost as if they have to get rid of all shorts before the drop can come. Probably comes from the market taking out stops on the upside until they are exhausted, then free-fall fast and furious. Too many people expecting a top, so expect a long wait :p

#76     Jan 20, 2007