House Minority Leader, John Baner, calls New Amnesty Bill... "A Piece Of Shit"!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Aug 6, 2008.

1. why would Mexico want to sleep with a screwed up currency like the Dollar?

#21     Aug 6, 2008
  2. I was at Wilshire and Western when the verdict broke. You could literally see the LAPD choppers going South from Parker Center and the fires coming North across the the 10 and east of Labrea.

I remember thinking these choppers need some fire power ...like some 20mm cannons like Cobras or something.

#22     Aug 6, 2008
    #23     Aug 6, 2008
  4. Look at this clip by Ralph Nader,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-V6bl41zU

It has nothing to do with immigration except that he is the smartest person I've ever listened to. He is brilliant.

He says that there are 2 liberties we need to differentiate between, personal liberty and civic liberty.

He says a lot of DICTATORSHIPS have had personal liberty, it's the civic liberty that's rare.

Civic liberty is the ability to influence the government and to have your voice heard.

I think this Amnesty bill keeps trying to pass every few months, this is bullshit. No american wants this bill but they will try it until people stop caring and the bill is quietly signed. This act, simply shows the US is absent of any civic liberties. Dictatorship. No more bullshit about "land of the free", yeah, you are free to choose which nacho flavor you want to buy, but that's it. You don't like what the politicians are doing? Tough luck.

#24     Aug 7, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Still, I don't understand why our politicians would WANT this legislation to pass... even corrupt and self-serving as they arey.

#25     Aug 7, 2008
  6. Fighting inflation?

#26     Aug 7, 2008
  7. If John Boehner is against it's most likely the right thing to do. The man's a reactionary.

#27     Aug 7, 2008
  8. Independent thought is overrated anyway..

#28     Aug 7, 2008
  9. This would murder a healthy countries economy. Imagine what it'l do to us?!?!

#29     Aug 7, 2008
  10. With Latinos casting over 12% (and rising) of American ballots, winning elections without pandering to this key voting block becomes increasingly difficult with each passing election.

Our rulers clearly value their own personal political ambitions, far more than they value our country. Selling out America is just fine by most of them, as long as they get to stay in power.

After thousands of years of people suffering horribly at the hands of their own governments, the human race <b>finally</b> figured out the proper formula for good gov't in the 18th Century.
    We had the perfect political structure in place for over a hundred years, yet 20th century politicians just <i>had</i> to go and fuck it all up. ('For the children', of course.)

Incidentally, the perfect formula created by America's founding fathers would most accurately be called 'Libertarianism' in today's language.

#30     Aug 7, 2008