House May Not Pass The Bill

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Watching Cspan, opposition is still there. If it passes, it might be by a slim %.

Public is still against the "bail out" because the case has yet to be made for most of the "pork" added.

Markets will sell off 1000 or 2000 in the next 6 to 12 months regardless of the Bill.

2. My feeling is that the gold & currency markets are predicting that the bill will not pass.

3. My feeling is that the gold and currency markets are actually disagreeing with you. When the senate passed 75-25, the currency markets increased downward resolve (same with gold/silver). No reason for 'fear trade' anymore.

Combine that with treasuries going up (long maturity too), and that says the market does not question the validity of the proposal substantially... I think enough people are convinced that the US govt is actually possibly going to gain and not add to structural debt long term via this proposal.

I was the first to argue out of the gate the other side ... but the markets are saying something right now.

4. That's interesting. I don't see how the US govt. will gain though, so it's hard for me to believe that a lot of others believe it, too.