House holds Holder in contempt of Congress; Next up: Prosecution.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Holder Cited For Contempt By U.S. House Panel In Vote
    By Seth Stern - Jun 20, 2012 5:07 PM ET

A U.S. House committee brushed aside President Barack Obama’s claim of executive privilege and held Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents related to a law enforcement effort to track guns to Mexican drug cartels.

In a party-line vote, the Republican majority on the House Oversight and Government Reform panel voted to approve the first contempt citation for a Cabinet member in 14 years.

Republican leaders said the full House will vote on the measure next week, setting up a potential referral of the case to the U.S. attorney in Washington to determine whether prosecution is warranted.

This is the first time Obama has invoked executive privilege, according to the White House.

Executive privilege is a principle that says the executive branch can’t be forced by the legislative branch to disclose confidential communications when they would harm operations

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/holder-cited-for-contempt-by-u-s-house-panel-in-vote.html

2. Ricter

Ricter

"In a party-line vote..."

Says it all.

3. jem

jem

it says the democrats don't want us to know who the idiot is that order assault weapons be provided to killers.

I wonder why?

4. That killed an American.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder if the dead American agrees or even cares.

6. A U.S. House committee brushed aside President Barack Obama’s claim of executive privilege
    --------------------------------

Obama is one dumb mofo.

7. It wasn't just one American that died.

Over 2000 guns were handed over to known violent drug cartels resulting in the death of a US federal agent and as many as 200-300 Mexican civilians.

8. Only if you're too dense to understand the issue.

9. I believe there were two American border patrol agents killed.

10. Carney says it's all Bush's fault. So why would Obama declare the Executive Privilege to protect Bush?

#10     Jun 21, 2012