House Democrats reintroducing financial transaction tax with AOC as a co-sponsor

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajcrshr, Mar 4, 2019.

1. #31     Mar 9, 2019
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I am afraid it will not be in London anymore. The Brexit is a wake up call for the EU. Why still invest in a place that might one day leave the EU? Better do it in a safe place, and logically within the EU.

Would you build a new house in an area that was flooded by water three times the last decade? Or would you build it on safe land without that risk?

#32     Mar 9, 2019
  3. I don't support this idea at all.

#33     Mar 9, 2019
  4. O think this still result in fewer day trading and reduced trading fee revenue for retail trading platforms amd i am sure and how they will oppose it fiercely.

#34     Mar 9, 2019
  5. lukepoga

lukepoga

I think it would be ok if it be a margainal tax?

First 100 trades in a month charge 0%, next 1000 charge higher, next 10000 charge higher then after that charge the top %.

#35     Mar 9, 2019
  6. Brexit = less rules = better for trading.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the house/boat thing.

#36     Mar 9, 2019
  7. schweiz

schweiz

If that is true all US stock markets should move abroad too. BVI, Dubai have less rules = better for trading.
    Or bring them to London too...if that's the place to be.
    In 6 weeks we will see what will happen in reality.

#37     Mar 9, 2019
  8. canoe

canoe

won't work b/c the bill stipulates the tax would apply to US citizens.

so even if US exchanges move abroad, if you're a US citizen/resident, you're still paying the tax.

#38     Mar 10, 2019
  9. schweiz

schweiz

It would work for a lot of people.
    You clearly don't realize that there are a lot of non US citizens that trade these markets.
    There is also a world outside the US. I live outside the US and am happy I don't have US citizenship. Saved me a lot of money in taxes,which is one of the best parts of the performance of my trading.

#39     Mar 10, 2019
  10. So if you're trading futures, this tax bill would still apply to you ? That would make virtually ALL EMINI trading untradeable. Nobody is going to buy 1 ES contract and be 3 points in the hole immediately ($140).

The bill states stocks, bonds, and derivatives. Am I missing something ? IF the do this, they will eliminate hundreds of thousands of jobs, eliminate speculation in the US markets, and KILL all volatility.

Hope it never happens !

#40     Mar 11, 2019