House Chairwoman Blocks $450M Payment To Egypt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Someone with some backbone finally stands up.

The chairwoman of the House committee that oversees foreign aid is blocking $450 million in U.S. assistance to Egypt.

Rep. Kay Granger, a Republican, said Friday that the State Department had notified Congress of plans to transfer the money to the new government of President Mohammed Morsi, a move that Granger said she would stop.

"This proposal comes to Congress at a point when the U.S.-Egypt relationship has never been under more scrutiny, and rightly so," the chairwoman of the Appropriations subcommittee on foreign operations said in a statement. "I am not convinced of the urgent need for this assistance and I cannot support it at this time. ... I have placed a hold on these funds."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...450m-in-us-assistance-to-egypt/#ixzz27oFB61T8

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why would we be borrowing $450,000,000 just to give it to Egypt to begin with?

3. pspr

pspr

Mostly because our government is stupid and us taxpayers are even more stupid.

4. That is why they should cut the cash aid to Israel, and make sure that zionism does not lobby in private for an aid to be given to Egypt while saying the opposite in public.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

America seems determined to finance its own destruction. Its collective suicide.

6. We're just like coke dealers peddling our currency.
    Aid is in $ and gets mostly spent with American contractors.

If the dollars stop and a Yuan subsidy is received.. we lose the oil trade and contracts.

It's all a big shell game. call it aid to egypt or rerouted government contracts to our prime contractors.

7. Would the spare part/maintenance/advising also be lost? I would not be surprised if it turns out that the Egyptians would want to see the aid cut.