House cap. gains cut to cap at 15%?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by USAtrader, May 19, 2003.

1. range

range

Robert,

Thanks for your insights.

#11     May 23, 2003
  2. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Does anyone know how dividends from mutual funds will be treated? Will they also qualify for the 15% rate?

#12     May 23, 2003
  3. bmwstox

bmwstox

Why are Democrats always taxing hardworking Americans every chance they get? I think it's because they want to turn all Americans into working poor so they try to win more votes.

I'm glad I voted for Bush. Too bad the tax is only on long term gains. I knew there was a catch, there always is when your dealing with politicians, esp. demoRats.

#13     May 23, 2003
  4. So if buy a stock one day before the ex-dividend date and sell it on the ex-dividend date,what rate do i pay on the dividends?

#14     May 24, 2003
  5. lescor

lescor

I heard that reits are not subject to the 15% cap, but what about preferred shares and exchange traded debt that pay income in the form of dividends?

#15     May 24, 2003
  6. omcate

omcate

Thanks.

:p :p :p

#16     May 24, 2003
  7. I haven't seen specifics of the final legislation but expect dividends on certain types of preferred stock (e.g. those set up as trusts that receive their income from selling debt to the parent company) will continue to be subject to ordinary income tax rates.

#17     May 24, 2003