hottrend - GONE from rt, where is it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gaj, Jan 5, 2009.

1. gaj

gaj

i use hottrend regularly. it has been up and down on realtick for the last few months; it's been down the past 2 days, i called realtick about it today, they said they're not going to have it (it's being discontinued,phased out or something) and they hope to have something to replace it, time TBD.

so...a bunch o' questions:

-> what other programs are out there which can take the place of hottrend?
    -> does anyone know how to get in touch with the ppl from hottrend?

for those who don't know...hottrend is something which refreshes every minute or so showing unusual volume in stocks - whether nasdaq, nyse, amex. there's also a summary page which shows how many minutes during the day each stock appeared on the hottrend list.

EDIT: it's *not* gone from all of realtick. but my above questions still stand...

2. gaj

gaj

update to the above...

hottrend hasn't worked on RT the past 2 1/2 days (since friday, noon). yes, RT knows about it.

a 'new' service will be implemented later this summer, but it's going to be an add-on, additional cost...

anything that can produce a list of several hundred stocks during the day which have unusual volume *as they're happening* - individual listing and summary?

3. gaj

gaj

that new service is trade ideas, which has been out there for a while.

here's the deal: RT subscribers get it one month for free in july.

after that, it's going to cost an additional $49...