hottest Thread on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blackguard, Dec 28, 2005.

1. its a Thread called 'YM traders' started by volente_00 back in August.

3400+ posts, 189000+ hits. averaging about 3000 hits a day now.

Ive never see anything like it in the 5 years Ive been a member under various IDs.

blackguard

2. 3000 hits a day? It is a great thread but there are a few threads with as many views and more. Lots of great participation on ET!

3. Now that we know what thread gets the most view counts...

Does anybody know what threads are the most useful ???

I would say some of the threads in the following ET sections:

* Pyschology
    * Technical Analysis
    * Trading
    * Journals
    * Index Futures where specifics of the method are discussed in-depth

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

4. I don't see how one can benefit from Journals in ET, they
    are more like a chit chat to me, with setup, entry, stop,
    trailing, target, sizing not well defined at all?

I mean if you want to copy the ideas, you don't have sufficient
    details to quantify them

5. Not all the journals are beneficial and is the main reason why I didn't specificially name any particular thread in each of the mentioned forum section in my initial post here because it will obviously be trader specific.

Therefore, you are correct in that most are like chit chat while a few have well defined trade management info by traders that actually stick to what they preach.

Also, a few that didn't have detailed trade management info...I've contacted the author via private message and usually got all the info I needed except for one journal I was interested in.

Further, I don't like threads that are full of arguing, antagonistic posts, off-topic discussions, lack of any in-depth details, no insights into how we think as traders, lack of being moderated et cetera.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term