Hottest IPO in 2008?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sophiekay, Dec 20, 2007.

1. In 2007 we saw VMW, JASO and YGE head the top of the IPO list.

Anyone what to venture a guess on Top IPOs of 2008? We will track the results throughout the year. Here is my list...

VISA - can't loose with this one.
    AOL spinoff (called Platform A) - if they go public, it should be hot.
    Nanosolar - rumoured to perhaps go public in Q4, nice buzz!

China is always good for a Winner. Nail me to the wall if I'm wrong, but any virtualization IPO should be a money maker....

2. Retired

Retired

Check out N. Up over 36% today.

3. That was a surprise. Larry Ellison is having a VERY NICE X-Mas!! :)

4. Citadel?

5. I'd like a Citadel IPO for many reasons:

1. Ken Griffin, the CEO, is a genius. But, you need more than that for a blockbuster IPO.

2. Investment in eTrade shows that they are able to think outside the box and manage risk.

3. This IPO could have a tech spin because of the Intellectual Property the company holds with in-house software which analyzes trades.

http://www.financetech.com/featured/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=51000184

This could be a real WINNER!! :D

6. Retired

Retired

Just sold 5000 shares of N for a nice profit of $85,000.

7. Congratulations! I noticed it broke $40 at the open. Very nice return!! Will you go back in if it dips?

8. Retired

Retired

I will get in again if the price of N comes down to 35.

9. Is that Nanosolar the guys who are photo imaging the solar panels or something like that... it's an ultra thin print of some sort-- if that's the same co... there's a lot of tech geek buzz about the solution to getting solar costs down... ~ stoney

10. Yes. Those guys. Sounds like you know quite a bit about the company. Most people only know that Sergey Brin and Larry Page were early investors.

Also, they just beat out FSLR and GE for a $20 M government contract.

http://www.nanosolar.com/blog3/2007/09/23/nanosolar-awarded-solar-america-initiative-grant/

#10     Dec 22, 2007