Hotspot retail: rollover costs

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by wwx, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Inquirer

Inquirer

Does the rates on the live platform behave the same way as in the demo version?

The last time I tried the Hotspotfx demo the prices seem to be retarded. Not that I am complaining about the retarded prices, I just want to be sure it's the same in the live real platform.

#11     Mar 23, 2006
  2. taboni

taboni

I haven't looked at their demo in some time but I understand that the prices on the demo are now the same as the prices on the live platform.

#12     Mar 24, 2006
  3. yes but there could still be a 1-second delay, some form of smoothing, missing price points or sthg at times... my trading partner did complain about sthg like that when he demoed the system 2 or so months ago... thing is live is live, and demo is demo, no matter how close you want demo to be to live... fwiw, i've been using HSFXi (live) for more than 6 months now, my partner for more than a month now, excellent value proposition for size trading...

best thing if your still demoing is to ask for access to their live prices (view only), then you'll get a good feel for the real thing!

#13     Mar 24, 2006
  4. Inquirer

Inquirer

I wouldn't complain about the retarded prices (actually that's what I prefer to see). But I was cut off from the demo very fast, about a few days after I started.

It takes time to see how a platform works and whether I can be comfortable with that particular platform. They don't have an easily available demo without requiring signing ups and such. It makes decision making difficult.

#14     Mar 24, 2006
  5. taboni

taboni

That's strange. I remember looking at their retail demo for 3 months before opening an account. I would call them if you have been cut off for any reason.

#15     Mar 24, 2006
  6. just send steve, peter or whoever is yr contact over there an email asking to reinstate your demo access codes and it'll be done in minutes... thats what i do every time i want to try out / practice a particular feature...

#16     Mar 24, 2006
  7. From Hotspot FX trading rules:
    Input of a New Order :
    New orders may only be input if the order is more then 10 points from the market.
    New orders will not be accepted if they are within 10 points of the market.
    Attempting to input a new order without following these guidelines may result in your new order being rejected.
    The same applies for :Modifying an Active Order, Canceling an Active Order.

Does the same applies for Hotspot FXi (institutional platform)?

#17     Mar 24, 2006
  8. taboni

taboni

You cannot place orders (s/l, limit, oco) on the institutional platform. It is execution-only.
    In my experience the limitiations expressed regarding entry of orders on the retail platform are only guidelines and I have only been rejected once when attempting to put a s/l order in
    as the market was very close (2 pips) to the s/l price. The problem is that they pass the orders to one of the banks that provides them prices (they don't run a trading desk) and have to abide by the bank's rules regarding orders. If you have ever traded on a single bank platform (I have used Deutsche Autobahn in the past) you will find that the "exclusion zones" can be as big as 15 pips in some cases.

#18     Mar 24, 2006