Hotkeys behavior in new IB version

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by rubbles88, Oct 27, 2002.

1. I upgraded to the latest version of IB and noticed that some hotkeys are not behaving correctly. For example, I used to be able to add a market data line by clicking in an empty row and typing the symbol.
    Now, when the symbol includes one of the hotkeys, such as T for transmit, C for cancel, B for buy, S for sell, and others, an error message box comes out. Apparently, these hotkeys are attempting to execute the commands, for example, S will try to sell the underlying but since there is no entry in the row yet, it comes out with an error.

Before these hotkeys won't trigger unless the active row is a data/order line. Is anyone else experiencing this.

By the way, I found out that to enter the symbol, you now have to double-click in the empty cell for underlying instead of a single click in an empty row.

2. Pabst

Pabst

Some people have a goal of visiting Tibet in this lifetime. Mine is merely to learn how to use those hot keys.

3. def

def Sponsor

The double click works to enter the symbol. I'll pass on your observations to the programming group.

4. Pabst, There's a monk who lives in a cave in the Himalayas. He knows how to set up hotkeys. Your goal must be to find him.

5. I had problems with basket orders with the new version (wouldn't take a basket order larger than 14 symbols)...they've since fixed this with build 780.5. Send them an e-mail if you're having a problem. I've heard a lot of people complain about their service, but they were very responsive with this problem.

6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I think the new hotkeys 'customize' feature is great. (not that new, I know).
    buy at bid, automatic offset etc...
    great.
    some little bugs on the way, but it's because new features are coming in. so it's OK. bring on the new features at this pace.

7. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

The problem with the TWs interpreting keystrokes as hotkeys when typing in the Underlying column is fixed in the next build, which is currently in beta.

8. dlincke

dlincke

While you're at it, could you please finally fix the row focus clearing bug that's been around for over a year now? This has been complained about so many times but keeps getting ignored.

Whenever there's a partial or full execution in TWS the order or market data line that has input focus (grey highlight bar) at that point in time has its row focus cleared causing all following keystrockes to be lost and unnerving dialogs to pop up. Row focus should be maintained at all times at the screen location where it was set by the user regardless of executions and order or market data lines being removed from the screen.

While this may not be a problem for people that only manage a single order at a time it represents a major nuisance when managing and adjusting a multitude of orders simultaneously. Keyboard input keeps getting lost, one's workflow is constantly interrupted by dialog boxes prompting to reselect the order line, and executions are missed because often enough TWS manages to clear focus right when the transmit hotkey is pressed...

9. Eldredge

Eldredge

I second this - again.

10. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

I have found that when this happens, simply pressing one of the arrow keys once or twice regains the focus. Is this not the case for you?

#10     Oct 31, 2002