Hotel California

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Each and every one of your BS stories has the same theme. Ya oughta try and vary it a little.

#21     Jul 6, 2003
  2. Ask RS7, he probably co-wrote it and did the studio work, Walsh having sprained his wrist that week!

#22     Jul 6, 2003
  3. BWHAHAHAHAHA!! BWAHAHAHAHAH! WOOOOO HOOO WEEEE WHAHAAHAHAHAHA!! :D :D :D

#23     Jul 6, 2003
  4. Absolutely correct. And Mr. Air Guitar with The Allman Bros. should have known that it is not just a "guitar solo." In the shredder world it is known as a "double lead." BTW, not deleted at all in the live video version from the "Hell Freezes Over" tour, but magnificently played by Messrs. Walsh and Felder on nylon stringed classical guitars.

#24     Jul 6, 2003
  5. ahhhhhh, a double lead is what it's called? Gee, thanks for telling me that.

As our leading pests on ET would say, Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Now Maxine is going to tell me about guitars and music and what makes a solo a solo. Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

(a first for me using this ridiculous response, but old Maxie can bring out the worst in anyone).

Seems Max is the "groupie". Gee, he knows all the guys names, and who played what on what song. Even what kind of guitars with what kinds of strings. Hey, what guage were those nylon strings? We need more details!!!

I admit to not knowing for sure who created that solo. Not caring either. I liked the style and the touch. Who did it is irrelevant to me. Only a "groupie" would really care. A musician only cares about the sound. Not the person's name who made it. All I said is that I thought Joe Walsh was the guy.

Here's how it works KIA401....the guy that starts making music out of the song's natural arpeggios is the soloist as far as I am concerned. . The guy that creates the sound is the soloist. I don't care if 17 other guitarists join in. Listen to the song (the studio version). You will hear ONE guitar create the lead. It is a very simple but elegant series of arpeggios coming down from Bm in a series of firsts, fifths, and fourths if I remember. The other guitars are just shadowing the lead. It is NOT a double lead. Listen to Stephen Stills and Neil Young play "Down by the River" for an example of a "double lead" ...Hotel California IS NOT THAT!!!

Basic rock and roll, ......circle of 5ths is progressing downward and ending with a bridge that starts with an Em, G, F# (or maybe F#m....again using just my faded memory)

But what would I know. I didn't start playing until just recently....1963.

Tell me what else I don't know. On second hand, don't tell me a fucking thing. Tell my "alleged" son who also plays guitar. And tell him how he is just "A" kid that I stalked around France with a camera in the certain knowledge that one day some psychotic asshole would goad me into trying to "prove" what I said. And this natural born loser, when confronted with the exact proof he asked for would take a photo of ME and use a photo editing program to make a mockery of EXACTLY what he asked for.

So, my pathetic "friend", I withdraw what was a sincere and real dinner and drinks offer. I have no use at all for hearing any thing you have to say or ask. EVER!!!

Unless of course you care to share with ALL of us here at ET some of your highly successful trading strategies as you do so often.

Well, gotta run with my "alleged wife" in my "alleged car" and have my "alleged birthday dinner".

Max 401, trading and music guru!! "Shredder World " Charter Member. Jack shit of all trades. And LEAD SOLOIST and inaugural (and only member) of my ignore list.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!
    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

#25     Jul 8, 2003
  6. My, my... RS7 on the rag. Took you a while to dig up that "musical" research. Sheesh!

PS- Is your alleged "brother-in-law the Outlaw" invited? I forgot, if you're there, he's there!

#26     Jul 8, 2003
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Joe Walsh rocks, Rocky Mountain High, one of my alltime favs.

Max

#27     Jul 8, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Bob Dylan did something called getting "faced" he said. He would get so stoned he could only feel his face, then lyrics would come to him. So much for meaning!!

Max

#28     Jul 8, 2003
  9. Ain't it strange?

RS7 uses an obscure cut for his double lead example, yet he "played" in the Allman Bros. Guess Betts and Allman never did that.

#29     Jul 8, 2003
  10. Take another toke off your Dylan bong, man. Like, dude... it's "Way," mon, like Rocky Mountain Way.

#30     Jul 8, 2003