Hotel California

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jul 5, 2003.

1. 777,

nice work, 777. many moons ago someone advised me that the line " captain, bring me my wine........ we haven't had that SPIRIT here since 1969" is actually refering to the church of satan chartered in 1969 and MY WINE is actually MAU RINE or some such thing refering to one of the named demonic forces. have you or anyone ever heard this theory ??

what a fantastic song , regardless of meaning. i would rank it right up there with " black friday" and " kid charlamagne" by steely dan as my all time faves. it is interesting that it was influenced by steely dan at the time !

best,

surfer

#11     Jul 5, 2003
  2. I tend to doubt Glenn Fry and Don Henley were into Satanism, beyond enjoying the hedonistic lifestyle that some say leads to an afterlife in Hell.

If Jimmy Page had written Hotel California, that would be a good bet that the references were Satanic in nature.

#12     Jul 5, 2003

3. ??

:confused: RS

#13     Jul 5, 2003
  4. I could give you a 1000 word essay, but here is a synopsis:

[​IMG]

#14     Jul 5, 2003

5. 777,

do you believe these references are marketing techniques OR ............. ??

best.

surfer:)

#15     Jul 5, 2003
  6. I love Led Zeppelin...

I think it's a marketing scheme...

True Satanic Followers wouldn't think of mentioning it.

I think it's like a broker or newbie traders bragging themselves as traders.

I don't know...

What Ever?

#16     Jul 5, 2003
  7. I've heard a 100 different times from a 100 different people that Page bought Crowley's home. Here's a link from a skeptic's site that shows the connection to Jimmy Page:

http://skepdic.com/crowley.html

#17     Jul 6, 2003
  8. Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........!

#18     Jul 6, 2003
  9. Gee Max, what took so long for this one?

Ever hear of fundraising events?

No, probably not something you would ever be involved in. But that is how it happened. Is Glen Frye my friend? No. Never met him before or after. Notice I said "once" in the post.

Is he a client of my best friend? Yes. And that is how I got in a foursome with him.

Life happens to those of us who venture out of the basements of our parents houses. Maybe someday you should give it a try.

Eloquent post by the way. Worthy of FasterPussyCat himself. Are you another of his alter-egos? At this point almost nothing would surprise me.

Peace,
    RS

#19     Jul 6, 2003
  10. what exactly is that "house" on the cover of hotel california--- 777. anyone ??

best,

surfer:cool:

#20     Jul 6, 2003