Horse Slaughter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 24, 2004.

1. Oh okay. It's just that your opening post (which I'm assuming you didn't write) calls for the banning of horse slaughter, which I thought you were supporting (hence my question on your position).

From what I can tell reading that article, most horses are killed humanely, so it hardly seems to me that "..farmers and butchers are lazy and trying to increase their bottome line at the expense of torturing an animal".

I guess we agree then.

#41     May 25, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Correct, I did not write that article. It was actually pulled off of Craig's list political board. I don't know who the author is so I could not give credit to anybody. Actually if you go to the websites mentioned in the article, they make many references to the horrible treatment of these horses before they are killed. I think that is unacceptable. From what I gathered, killing horses in a humane way is expensive and time consuming. Poor farmers, I hate to see them suffer financially.

And don't get me wrong, I do not support horse slaughter. I'm saying that I'm willing to accept it if it's done in a humane manner. If it were up to me, horse slaughter would not exist. But it's not up to me.

#42     May 25, 2004
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Personally I think domestic animals should be *more* liable to be eaten as food, not less. Wild animals are the only ones with any balls, risking their survival daily, struggling to get by, whilst domestic pampered pooches and coddled cats get thousands spent on them by overpaid overweight Palm Beach grandmas. Personally I find domestic animals a joke, a disgrace to their species, a Darwinistic black hole which perverts everything good and great in nature.

Why should sharks and wild boar be hunted for food when some horse which willingly becomes a slave to humans gets a free pass? It's not as if horses are particulary intelligent animals, unlike Dolphins, which the US military enslaves in order to train them to clear underwater minefields. You're complaining about some washed up 2-bit pony being killed whilst Flipper is being ordered to headbut high explosives for a living?

Let's start practising true equality - if the meat tastes good, put it on the plate, and spare me the namby pamby liberal veggie BS.

#43     May 25, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know Cutten, I heard human meat is a delicacy.

#44     May 25, 2004
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Personally I view it as extremely hypocritical - where is the photo of the huge numbers of plants that vegans murder each year? After all, plants and vegetables are living things too.

#45     May 25, 2004
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Well - if someone agreed to have their corpse roasted and served as food after their death, what is wrong with trying it?

#46     May 25, 2004
  7. :D

#47     May 25, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh, you want their approval first? Well, let me go ask Mr. Ed if he would kindly oblige and be on my dinner plate tonight. LOL. Now if he doesn't answer, can I still eat him? :D

#48     May 25, 2004
  9. :D :D :D

#49     May 25, 2004
  10. sunnie

sunnie

Maverick,

Thank you for the info...as a horse owner, you can be sure I support the bill.

In reading the bill, however, I am reminded that there are many products we use on horses (worming medication, fly spray, etc) that specifically say "Do not use on horses intended for consumption" , or something to that effect.... what are the chances people consuming horse meat are ingesting those toxins as well?.....my guess is, the chances are very good....

#50     May 25, 2004