Horse Slaughter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 24, 2004.

1. TigerO

TigerO

I think the comparison is just great, if one doesn't want to include a huge dosage of hypocrisy into the equation.

Truthful and straight to the point.

“When I see cages crammed with chickens from battery farms thrown on trucks like bundles of trash, I see, with the eyes of my soul, the Umschlagplatz [the spot in the Warsaw Ghetto where Jews were forced onto trains leaving for the death camps]. When I go to a restaurant and see people devouring meat, I feel sick. I see a holocaust on their plates.”
    — Georges Metanomski, Holocaust survivor who fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising

http://www.masskilling.com/

[​IMG][​IMG]

"In his groundbreaking book, Eternal Treblinka, author and Holocaust educator Charles Patterson notes that “[d]uring the twentieth century two of the world’s modern industrialized nations—the United States and Germany—slaughtered millions of human beings and billions of other beings. Each country made its own unique contribution to the century’s carnage: America gave the modern world the slaughterhouse; Nazi Germany gave it the gas chamber.”

More than 28 billion animals are killed for food in the U.S. alone every year—that’s more than four times the human population of the entire planet. To maximize profits, animals are raised on factory farms, which are essentially concentration camps for animals. Cows, calves, pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and other animals are kept in small cages or stalls, often unable to turn around. They are deprived of exercise so that all of their bodies’ energy goes toward producing flesh, eggs, or milk for human consumption. They are fed drugs and are genetically altered to make them grow larger or produce more milk or eggs than nature originally intended."

http://www.masskilling.com/mdh.asp

"Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals."
    --Theodor Adorno

Our grandchildren will ask us one day: Where were you during the Holocaust of the animals? What did you do against these horrifying crimes? We won't be able to offer the same excuse for the second time, that we didn't know.
    --Dr. Helmut Kaplan"

http://www.powerfulbook.com/quotes.html

#31     May 25, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

come christmas time around these parts them lil piggies best watch that asss......its CAHA CHINA time..

#32     May 25, 2004
  3. Why do you even want to continue living?? Would take a hell of a lot more joints and Heinekens every day to make eating like a rabbit tolerable :) :) :) :)

#33     May 25, 2004
  4. TigerO,

Jews were not created so that Hitler could kill them.

On the contrary, those chickens in your cage were born/raised for no other reason then to be consumed by humans. More importantly though -- chickens, cows, horses, etc were more than likely not born with the burden/blessing of knowing their own mortality. The comparison is not even remotely close imo and I would venture to bet 95% of the other intelligent human population of the world.

PETA is doing itself a great diservice by trivializing the horrific acts that took place during The Holocaust, and would be much better served not insulting the human race with these ridiculous ads if they truly wish to get their message heard.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large crowds.

#34     May 25, 2004

5. Fine, but is there any real difference between slaughtering horses and selling them to Frenchmen and slaughtering cattle and selling it to Americans?

And Joe, I don't think TigerO has yet learnt to distinguish between humans and animals. Maybe he just needs to work on it a little longer, so let's give him some time. Once it clicks, maybe we can then get him to realize that we don't kill pigs just for the fun of it, or because they are 'contaminating' our society, either. One step at a time though.

#35     May 25, 2004
  6. Planet of the Apes my friend, planet of the apes. Now do we cry about this or laugh at it?

#36     May 25, 2004

7. Um, actually, I haven't seen that film.

#37     May 25, 2004
  8. Why see the film when your experiencing it first hand?

#38     May 25, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, spect8or, I'll get serious for a minute, but just for a minute. The truth is as much as I love animals, I admit it's hypocritical to protect cats, dogs and horses and not cows and pigs. Even though we do make a distinction between domesticated and wild animals in this country.

However, having said that, my problem is actually not with selling horse meat to Frenchman. My problem, and this does not just apply to horses, is the brutal torture of any animal. There are humane ways to kill an animal and then there is something called saving a buck. Slitting a horse's throat while it's still conscience is unspeakable. This is NOT how horses are suppose to be killed. And on top of that, I also made reference to the fact that many horses are stolen from private property and sold to butchers.

If horses or any animal are killed humanely, I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are irresponsible as far as killing horses. Although I still can't figure out for the life of me why people eat horse meat when we have such an overabundance of other meat that is not considered domesticated meet.

It just seems to me that many farmers and butchers are lazy and trying to increase their bottom line at the expense of torturing an animal. And believe it or not, I'm also very much against the torture of humans regarding capital punishment. I think there are humane ways to kill people, such as lethal injection, and there are non humane ways, electrocution. So there's my two cents.

#39     May 25, 2004

10. I am?

#40     May 25, 2004