"Hope 'N Change" - Obama Takes The Low Road

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 9, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

There are two indisputable facts about politics.

The first is that every modern president in the fourth year of his presidency resorts to the cheap political stunts, broken promises and truth-fudging it takes to win reelection in what has been and will be a 50-50 nation. The reason is simple: Politics is not clean-living; it’s survival.

The second is that Barack Obama, for all his talk of moving beyond conventional political tricks, is doing just that, which wouldn’t be so glaring had it not been for his incessant call for a newer, cleaner and more transparent paradigm for American politics.

So much for the high road: Victory is more important than purity.

It’s debatable whether Obama is more crudely political than George W. Bush or Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan. But what’s transpired over the past several weeks isn’t debatable: He’s made a series of calculated, overtly political gestures that are far more transactional than transformational.

Here’s just a sample:.......

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72644.html#ixzz1lv0pKto8

2. Not too politically savvy to intro the Catholic thing now, IMO. Maybe he's not as savvy as he's being accused of. Just saying.

c

3. pspr

pspr

I don't think he is being accused of political savy. He is being accused of political deceit and underhandedness.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I have yet to see why he is/was ever considered savvy, intelligent or qualified.

And that's not just because I don't like his agenda or pathological lying.

L

5. OK, I saw 'sucking up to wall street' - that almost sounds like a republican talking point, in favor of wall street. How can Rep's be for wall street, but against the President for 'sucking up?' And, comparisons to Bush?

Once again, I'm not happy with Obama, but don't see much from the other side, except Ron Paul to go for. And, I honestly don't think Mr. Paul will be on the ticket.

c

6. pspr

pspr

Who is?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Food stamp recipients?

Well, RCG and IQ 47 of course.

8. pspr

pspr

I guess all our resident welfare receiving liberals, too.

9. I leaning towards the thought that Obama's presidency will be shaped in history by who beats him.

All bets are off if he gets re-elected.

You know if you're a champ and you get beat by a formidable challenger, well you get props, but if Obama gets beat by another old white guy in a suit well then he was just Carter part deux.

10. pspr

pspr

I knew Jimmy Carter and Obama is no Jimmy Carter......

he is worse.

#10     Feb 9, 2012