Hooked on Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Lamontsanford, May 10, 2008.

1. I opened up a brokerage account with etrade about 6 months ago, made a few trades, and was doing well. When the market dipped, I lost a little on a few positions, and am now catching back up.

I love researching, and making trades. I have been reading posts, and internet articles. I want to learn as much as possible. I like the challenge.

I am only trading stocks now, and plan to move on to options. I have a profit sharing account that is being dissolved, and I will have about 100k to invest. My question is should I place it into a IRA, and let a manager handle it, or try to do it myself?

I run a construction company, and am very busy during day hours. I keep a laptop in my truck, and monitor and trade out of my truck. I love the feelling of trading and doing well. I learn off of every trade, especially the ones that dont do well.

Do you think someone like myself can successfully trade and manage a account and make at least as much as one of the manangers at say ubs. (managers I spoke to only expect 8-15% per year)

Thanks to everyone who reads this thread. I love message boards, I use another board like this to maintain my go fast boat.(offshoreonly). Boards contain a wealth of information and BS! You have to learn how to seperate the two.

Lamontsanford