Hong Kong Stock Exchange Journal

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Spectre2007, Aug 28, 2007.

1. am session high 24930 or so.

#41     Sep 14, 2007
  2. illustration of market inefficiency in the asian zone, a buy and hold strat would have offered immense R:R, instead of trading this market.

market rallied 2500 points which is 25,000 per HSI contract, in a few weeks.

taking advantage of market manias across the globe is a prime inefficiency extraction.

#42     Sep 14, 2007
  3. couple of questions, are you trading the HSI futures and who with, I assume IB. Are the trades electronic or open outcry. Also have you done any correlation analysis on HSI vs DOW or QQQQ.
    Thanks.

#43     Sep 14, 2007
  4. the chinese markets move on their own whim. There is no significant correlation except the opening gaps, the gaps are used as a excuse to run position stops, and the native agenda takes a hold from then on.

the chinese goverment has a interest in isolating financial market correlations from the rest of the world. And with the recent change in chinese investment in HSI, this market is enjoying the benefits of mania.

#44     Sep 14, 2007
  5. I thought that the Hang Seng and tech cycled together, but I think the China Factor looms huge. Are you trading electronic?

#45     Sep 14, 2007
  6. #46     Sep 14, 2007
  7. thanx for the link. yeah elec.

#47     Sep 14, 2007
  8. gangof4

gangof4

could see another 1000 points on the already overbought HSI tonight.

i got my head handed to me a couple of days in mid august and i've been clawing back (recouped about 40% of the loss so far) as the market has been back to more normal volatility for the HSI/HHI. a bit afraid to trade it tonight. hopefully i don't do anything too stupid- it's a very difficult market to trade when the 'normal' vol of regular 100+ point moves in a minute become 100+ point moves every 5 seconds!

thread carefully...

#48     Sep 18, 2007