Hong Kong Dollar About To Pop ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Stockolio, Aug 12, 2019.

1. maxinger

maxinger

max it can go is probably 7.85 as that has been a well tested resistance.

#11     Aug 13, 2019
  2. Friend, you still have lots to learn :D
    Should the US withdraw its special trading status with HK then the peg is gonna be history.

#12     Aug 13, 2019
  3. Thanks for the insights. support/resistance tested for many years at 7.75/7.85, never broke in that period, let's bet our farm on it

#13     Aug 13, 2019
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Did that change any Chinese Government policy/attitude?

#14     Aug 13, 2019
  5. tsznecki

tsznecki

I don't know maybe the high cost of owning RE in very high cost of living locale?

Something something house of glass and stones? What are you doing to resolve this issue beside bitching on an anonymous internet forum?

#15     Aug 13, 2019

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #16     Aug 14, 2019
  7. I don't know and that has never been the purpose. Perpetrators do not respect peaceful dissent. Protests and marches are to remind ourselves and others. That at least is the idea. That some with questionable motives hijack such peaceful protests is something I am informed of but disagree with.

#17     Aug 14, 2019
  8. Typical conservative iq 50 propaganda. How about America keeps its dirty stinky fingers ofr once, just once, out of the pot of other sovereign nations. The US can't even fix its own broken shit but wants to define for everyone else how they ought to be happy and what democracy must look like. I love to hear when intelligent philosophers and economists and politicians debate (emphasis is on INTELLIGENT) but please spare us from the IQ 50 rant of the typical high heel wearing Fox bunny who really knows nothing and just reads off the teleprompter. Cringe worthy

#18     Aug 14, 2019
  9. The US has historically stood up for other countries for the freedom of expression and wouldn't be surprised if they do for HK even if just by words. It makes sense for the UK to stand up, which should through the UN make the US stand up as well. Maybe unintelligent for you, but that's my view and if disagree no need to talk as nothing can change mine. Democratic countries standing up for democracies in communist regimes doesn't sound too strange to me.

#19     Aug 14, 2019
  10. Typical Anglo-Saxon hypocrisy. If China dared to tell the US or China how to run its elections or how to better run certain businesses or to take a longer term economic view then fury would unleash. Or Germany or Switzerland or Holland or Scandinavia telling the US or the UK how to do things. OMG, the world would end. Anglosaxons have a real issue hearing from others suggestions and criticism but constantly love to point fingers at others. Has nothing to do with democracy vs communism. The US would not take advise from anyone. Why? Of course, because it's the greatest country on earth that does not need to be lectured, shrugs shrugs. Perhaps you might consider that your American way of democracy does not work everywhere else. You can't run a country like China with an American version of freedom and democracy. China would descend into total chaos.

Edit: may I add that your assertion that "The US has historically stood up for other countries for the freedom of expression" is nothing but nice sounding words. Yes it may have done that a few times but definitely not consistently. And most importantly, it has never done it itself. Equal rights for women? Freedom of speech for blacks just 60 years ago? Ever watched the movie easy rider? It depicts exactly this problem I am speaking of. Many Americans love to talk about freedom all day but as soon as someone lives a different version of freedom that seems foreign to them then they feel threatened and unleash all sorts of attacks on others. Perhaps cleaning first one's own house before pointing out the dirty houses of others would suit the US and UK a lot better?

#20     Aug 14, 2019