Honestly, its possible to daytrade choppy days like today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Yes. Today was a good day for FX.
    Reallly Good. I just happened to take this little gem.
    Downtrend on 4h and 1h and what do you know, GBP shows sign of strength on the downside and the good thing was to sell the retracement and then just trail your stop down. Can't get better than this.

Someone else showed the GBP today. Indeed. This is exquisite.

#21     Nov 14, 2007
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Oddly, my bread and butter trading works better in choppy markets then in strongly trending. It still works in trending but it tends to leave way too much on the table if applied mechanically. Have to modify it when we get in a strong trend. Good day today. Pulled 5.8 points from the ER2 then had to leave. I will say this though. There are times when trading either speed bumps or a roller coaster that one has to have great confidence in one's method. I do use what i call disaster stops. That is to say they are there to prevent a catastrophic disaster. I continually monitor market internals and don't allow myself to stay on the wrong side of the market. I am always acutely aware of where support and resistance lies.

#22     Nov 14, 2007
  3. Donkell

Donkell

Take a look at the chart for URI.

It dropped about 8 in the first 5 mins. Caught a little of the bounce for a few hundred.

So the answer is yes, you can make money on days like yesterday. Today may be another.

Keep your eyes open and watch for big moves in either direction and then make your choice.

don

#23     Nov 15, 2007
  4. I think the point of trading is to make money. If you don't feel comfortable like 11/13, then stop trading by all mean. I know the excitement trading bring is worth all the money in the world. But if that what you seeking for, I think you are better off hitting Las Vegas.

#24     Nov 15, 2007