Honestly, its possible to daytrade choppy days like today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Yes the Indices have been difficult, but You need to adjust to the conditions, there was plenty of nice trending moves in FX futures today.

I've made my target for the day.

GBP and CAD for example

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres is (almost) always an instrument that is day tradable.

#11     Nov 14, 2007
  2. lindq

lindq

You could have shorted just about anything that gapped up strongly at the open, and walked away with quick profits. Fortunately I did.

As opposed to the relief gap yesterday, this morning was tailor made to short. No way it was going to rally off the open, and the gaps that got ahead of themselves were perfect setups.

#12     Nov 14, 2007
  3. well said. the gap at the open was a great short. i was long and made money anyway but took my profits quickly and bailed. played some DAKT on the gap down and made a quick swing to the up. this is definaitely a traders market because holding overnight could be a death sentence. i have never seen such a volitile market. we could be up 300 one day and give it all back and then some in a few days.its actually scary.

#13     Nov 14, 2007
  4. i shorted the gap open in the housing stocks....worked quite well.

choppy markets can be tough....

#14     Nov 14, 2007
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Today was tough, especially in NQ. I trade Volume Bars and some of these had moves of over 4 pts which makes it hard to set a close stop. Fortunatley I did OK.

#15     Nov 14, 2007
  6. How could you not make money on AAPL today at the close?

#16     Nov 14, 2007
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Steve, did you stay with ES??

#17     Nov 14, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, he does.

#18     Nov 14, 2007
  9. My ambassador Nk has spoken on my behalf :D

But yes, thats what I am trading these days.

#19     Nov 14, 2007
  10. Egodude

Egodude

I like choppy markets anything thats moving is fine. Especially when your willing to take the small moves.

#20     Nov 14, 2007