Honestly, its possible to daytrade choppy days like today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Wednesday November 14 2007.

2. Plenty of good opps today thus far.

3. Don't you get stopped with all the whipsaws?

4. No, I dont trade with physical stops. I got a good sense on timing quick turns and price either moves in my favor almost right away or price just sits there. If it does that I just get out. Sometimes I will reverse depending on the situation.

5. as long as one keeps a positive R/R....3:1,4:1,5:1...a small stop goes unfazed & allows you to come out well ahead on a day like this.

6. RL8093

RL8093

Today seemed even easier to trade than the last time you asked the same question. 11+ ES pts bouncing off 200dma @ 11:14 is enough to make many people's day (& there are many more 3-6 pt plays). What is it that you're looking for?

R

7. Arnie

Arnie

Steve,

I know you used to trade stocks, is this still true? I seem to remember you were moving into futures after hybrid NYSE came out.

8. it's possible, but not probable..unless

"spinners are winners" :D

9. Havent traded stocks in almost a year now. Only futures now.

10. Depends on what you trade I guess. The NQ was choppy but only briefly. It opened with a nice trend line break to the downside, had a DB, broke out of a triangle down, broke out of a triangle up all between 6:30 am PST and 9 am PST with some chops while the triangles were forming.

#10     Nov 14, 2007