Honestly, Can You Be Successful Without a HUGE Account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Mar 10, 2007.

1. If you can't make $100/day with a $5,000 account, you are not going to make it with a $50,000 account if you follow the same rules.

#51     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Yesssssssssss, for a day's worth of work and worry about possibly loosing money in the market, i can walk away with a whole $100.

That's just a step above working an 8hr shift at Taco Bell :D

#52     Mar 11, 2007
  3. You're missing the point 99a, once you have enough $100 days you can increase your trade size, eventually working up to trading 10 contracts per round turn, making 130 round turns a day for a total of $1,000, EOD. *being facetious*

Oh, I get it now.

JJ

P.S. Not for nothing, someone from Puretick mentioned how traders who had made money on the Tuesday drop ended up giving back their profits during the ensuring two weeks. Now I see why.

#53     Mar 11, 2007
  4. slacker

slacker

Looks more like 2 hours and a half, not a whole day. With a single contract and little risk.

#54     Mar 11, 2007

5. Either you are full of humility or you have never worked a real job in your life. Go work at Taco Bell for a year and you will be begging to make $100/day in the ym. Even if you "have to worry about loosing money."

After all, you can always go back to Taco Bell.

#55     Mar 11, 2007
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

If you're short from 55 and cover at 53, how is that a loss of 2?

#56     Mar 11, 2007
  7. For a newbie it's absolutely great! For me 13 trades/$100+ for an entire day is well below average tradewise and monetarily. But I don't have porgie-like accuracy, so it does happen.

#57     Mar 11, 2007
  8. OK, we're discussing here, not arguing.
    I think it's building the wrong habits in those aforementioned newbies.

JJ

#58     Mar 11, 2007
  9. The wrong habits based on what? (See my original post in this thread to you) I like Classic Rock and Roll. Spouse likes Top40. Neighbor is a redneck.

Any particular trading style may or may not be appropriate for any individual trader. And none of us have any right to say otherwise. All we can say is what works for us, individually.

#59     Mar 11, 2007
  10. There are more ways too make money trading than there are traders. Sorry Jack Hershey.

#60     Mar 11, 2007