Honestly, Can You Be Successful Without a HUGE Account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Mar 10, 2007.

1. jtnet

jtnet

it was a joke

#11     Mar 10, 2007
  2. Neet

Neet

The ET Forums way.

Trader A: I made money!

Trader B: Prove it!

Trader C: Awesome, what's the trick?

Trader D: Enjoy it while it lasts

Trader E: Nice, keep it up.

We need more Es, less Bs and Ds, Cs are ok.

#12     Mar 10, 2007
  3. lol jt :)

#13     Mar 10, 2007
  4. asap

asap

i made $59 on friday. maybe one day i'll reach the $100 level where the elite sits.

:D

#14     Mar 10, 2007
  5. Cajun,
    after reading this post and how well you have handled unneeded insult towards you , in my opinion i think i may join your group and try it for a few months in the very near future. most people in this business are scam artist in my opinion again, but i think you have some integrity .

#15     Mar 10, 2007
  6. Overtime, don't we expect her account to grow, that way she can add the # of contracts traded????

Simple Money management we call it. You don't need a ton of cash, all you need is patience, perseverance and a set plan.

Set your account value targets, when you get there increase your contracts...

Success is subjective.

There was a time a $100 day was a success to me. At least I made something. Perhaps not a lot, but it's sure better than losing $100

#16     Mar 10, 2007
  7. But of course. That is the ultimate goal. In my experience people increase their contract size way too fast. I'd want to monitor her for many more months before advising a contract size increase.

#17     Mar 10, 2007
  8. Awww... The proud Papa..

I use profit targets to determine my contract size increases.

#18     Mar 10, 2007
  9. Was it his idea to come on a public forum and offer $1000 to anyone who will follow all his calls? Why do you suppose the major chat sites go out of their way to publish disclaimers that they are educational sites only? What if someone follows all your calls and loses a lot of money and decides to sue you? I think lawyers would salivate at the prospect. I'm sure youre a nice guy with good intentions but I dont think youre calculating your risk properly.

#19     Mar 10, 2007
  10. Maybe the better question would be, can a person "maintain" success with a small account? Add to that, how do you define success? Making money for a single day? Week? Month? Year?
    I commend you for trying to illustrate that it is possible to be successful at trading with limited resources. However, a better illustration would be to take someone that's been with you for six months, with a small account, and track their record. You wanna' boost your subscriber numbers, show some of those...if you have them.

#20     Mar 10, 2007