Honest Talk About Commisions/Rates

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by aeliodon, Apr 3, 2007.

1. i've heard assent rates can be as low as .002 as long as you or your group does volume.
    50-1 leverage - possible if you're licensed and show you can handle it.
    free e-signal and TTN - I've some guys say they don't pay and some say they do so I don't know that the firm policy is on this.
    don't forget no desk fees.
    no BS inflated data fees.
    I think $100/month fee if you trade remote but that's not that unreasonable.

Assent is pretty tough to beat.

#11     Apr 3, 2007
  2. why the skepticism Mav? you being an industry 'insider' and all you should know its true

#12     Apr 3, 2007
  3. $40k/mo is hardly "killing it".

#13     Apr 3, 2007
  4. disclosure - I don't trade with Assent (or any firm) so I'm not a shill for them but I've heard it be the most recommended firm from traders i talk to.

question: does Assent pay interest on balances. If they don't then that certainly helps them make a decent return on top of commissions (even if the commissions are low).

#14     Apr 3, 2007
  5. john12

john12

40k is killing it when it's a 300% mark up. there's no discussion here as broker dealers doing 100 million shares a month are at .0005-.00075 per share clearing threw penson. people don't understand many clearing houses have batch clearing which means if trader a is pounding aapl all day they pay 1 fee of lets say $3 to clear all his trades. clearing is all electronic and cost little.its up to each trader to get there on deal and its based on there ability to negotiate

#15     Apr 3, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

No skepticism. Assent has probably the best rates out there for stock only. Definitely not arguing that. In light of some of the recent prop threads where guys are screaming that they have been ripped off, I'm making fun of the fact that people will generally cut off their nose to spite their face. In other words, trade anywhere to get the lowest rate and then be shocked when the firm they trade with runs off with their money. Assent is a good firm if you are only going to be trading stock. Are there really any stock traders left? LOL.

#16     Apr 3, 2007
  7. there are alot of stock traders left

#17     Apr 3, 2007
  8. reg

reg

Except for the fact that they lock up your capital for a year.

#18     Apr 3, 2007
  9. onelot

onelot

never heard of the free esig, ttn, but maybe. comissos, sounds right.

but leverage... i've talked to most of the gen llc's and you'd be lucky to get 20:1. most were talking 10 and then working up to 15. doubt they'd hand over 50 and let you have at it. if you know of the ones that are though, please list them.

#19     Apr 3, 2007
  10. kowboy

kowboy

Assent: 4.25% paid on balances.

#20     Apr 3, 2007